Due Date: December 5, 2019
Applications are open for the Ladies Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Technology & Video Gaming 2020/2021 for Trainees in United States and Canada Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program– previously the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program– Google is advancing Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of developing gender equality in the tech market by motivating ladies to stand out as active individuals and leaders in the field.
The Scholars Program includes the list below aspects:
- Scholarship: A scholastic scholarship, granted based upon scholastic efficiency, management, and effect on the neighborhood of ladies in tech.
- Retreat: A chance to get in touch with fellow scholars and Google coaches, while taking part in expert and individual advancement training and workshops.
- Neighborhood: An online network with fellow Scholars Program individuals created to share resources, support the worldwide neighborhood of ladies in tech, and work together on tasks to make ongoing effect.
- Ladies Techmakers Scholars will each get $10,000 USD (for trainees in the United States) or $5,000 CAD (for trainees in Canada) for the 2020-2021 scholastic year.
- All scholarship receivers will be welcomed to the yearly Google Scholars Retreat in the summertime of 2020 to get in touch with fellow scholars, network with Googlers, and take part in a variety of advancement workshops.
- Expert advancement and neighborhood outreach chances will continue to be used after the retreat.
- As a Women Techmaker Scholar, you will sign up with a worldwide neighborhood of scholars, have access to an online forum to share resources, support other ladies in tech, and work together on tasks to make an ongoing effect in your neighborhood.
To be qualified to use, candidates need to:
- Have a high school degree or equivalent
- Presently be registered at a certified university for the 2019-2020 scholastic year
- Intend to be registered or accepted as a full-time trainee in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at a certified college or university in the United States or Canada for the 2020-2021 scholastic year
- Be studying computer technology, computer system engineering, or a carefully associated technical ﬁeld OR be studying computer game programing, video game engineering, video game style and advancement, or a carefully associated field in video gaming
- Show a strong scholastic record
- Exemplify management and show enthusiasm for increasing the participation of ladies in innovation (i.e. computer technology or video gaming)
The application requirements consist of:
- Basic background details (consists of contact details and details about your existing and desired organizations)
- Present resume
- Academic records from your existing and previous organizations (if you have actually made a previous degree)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, trainer, advisor or manager
- Reactions to 4 essay concerns
To find out more, check out Ladies Techmakers