Deadline: December 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Lafarge Africa’s National Essay Competition 2020. To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Nigeria and the 60th anniversary of LAP in Nigeria, LAP is organising a national essay competition.
The theme for the essay competition is “Building the Nigeria of my dreams”, which is in line with LAP’s nation building initiative, to promote patriotism and corporate citizenship. The competition is broken down into two categories, The Junior Category and the Intermediate Category.
- The first, second and third overall winners for each category will receive cash prizes of N1,500,000, N1,000,000 and N750,000 respectively, as well as books, branded school accessories such as school bags, water bottles, flasks and educational tablets, pre-loaded with educational content.
- The top winners for each category will also receive a desktop computer system each for their schools with complete accessories.
- Consolation prizes of N200,000 each will be given to the authors of 2 good essays from each category. They will also receive books, branded school accessories such as school bags, water bottles and flasks.
- Open to:
- Pupils of public primary schools who are between the ages of 9 to 13 years, for the Junior Category of the competition, and
- Students of public junior secondary schools who are between the ages of 9 to 13 years for the Intermediate Category of the competition.
- Each participant is allowed to submit only one entry. Any participant who submits multiple entries will be disqualified.
- All essays must be written in English, typed, and uploaded to the Online Portal in accordance with the instructions specified.
- Participants should retain their own copies of the essays as no entries will be returned. There will be no feedback on any entries, either during or after the competition.
Each participant is required to complete the online forms with the required information. The top 20 participants will be selected on January 26, 2021. They will be required to do a video presentation of their respective essays from February 2-3, 2021.
For more information, visit Lafarge.