Deadline: September 23, 2021
Applications are open for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 2: End Hunger by 2030. Reckitt is proud to support the Lead2030 challenge for SDG 2. This challenge seeks to support solutions which work to end malnutrition.
Challenge submissions must focus on achieving, by 2025, the internationally agreed targets on stunting and wasting in children under 5 years of age or addressing the nutritional needs of adolescent girls, older persons or pregnant and lactating women.
Applicants should demonstrate impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Ensure pregnant and lactating women have the best nutrition and sanitation conditions in undernourished populations to reduce stunting in the first 1000 days, the risk of low-birth-weight neonates and adverse perinatal outcomes.
- Ensure children under 5 years old do not suffer from hunger and ensure they receive the adequate nutrients to support their mental and physical development.
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Reckitt
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Reckitt professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Solutions should be evidently aligned with the challenge.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
Applications will close on September 23, 2021. Shortlisted candidates confirmed by October 28, 2021.
For more information, visit Lead2030 Challenge.