Due Date: August 23, 2019
The Leaders in Health Neighborhood Training Program is looking for candidates for our Fall 2019 mate! The Leaders in Health (LIH) program enhances neighborhood health efforts through initial training in public health research study and science. The program is a joint effort in between the Avoidance Proving Ground on Nutrition & Exercise and the Workplace of Variety & Addition at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
The objective of this 8-week program is to construct the capability of our neighborhood partners by offering individuals with an intro to public health, consisting of the basics of community-based participatory research study (CBPR) and program style & examination. They are searching for a varied group of individuals who represent companies in the Greater Boston location that are working to enhance population health.
Subjects covered throughout the Leaders in Health Program consist of:
- Public Health Concepts & Practice
- Community-Based Participatory Research Study
- Health Equity
- Nutrition & Food Systems
- Exercise & Developed Environment
- Task Preparation & Application
- Program Examination
- Public Speaking & Policy Advocacy
Within the very first couple of weeks of the program, members determine a task that they are dealing with which they believe might be boosted by LIH concepts. Then, over the 2nd half of the program, individuals produce action strategies, construct reasoning designs, and analyze examination and application techniques to assist equate their understanding into practice.
Throughout the last week of the program, LIH individuals provided a summary of the essential parts of their jobs, such as particular goals, target population, activities, results, and LIH principles that they used.
Person individuals will take advantage of:
- Expert advancement, in locations consisting of public health research study approaches, application of current evidence-based research study, task preparation, and examination
- Networking chances with leaders in the general public health occupation and other individuals from regional companies
- Creating an action strategy to set objectives for enhancing a health prevention-related program or task you are presently dealing with
- Chance to present research study and advertise your task
- Certificate of conclusion and assistance integrating the program into your résumé
- Stipend upon conclusion
Organizations that support a staff member’s involvement will likewise take advantage of the program. Individuals’ direct exposure to brand-new research study approaches and abilities will be straight used to improve companies’ existing jobs.
- If you live or operate in the higher Boston location and are presently included with a health prevention-related program or task (on either a work or volunteer basis) you are qualified to use. Subjects may consist of nutrition and exercise promo, violence avoidance, sexual health promo, or tobacco control efforts.
- The program will be restricted to 10 individuals.
- Community-based work is at its finest when all members of the neighborhood are represented: Leaders in Health motivates applications from individuals of any ages, education levels, races, ethnic cultures, and gender/sexual identities.
Applications might be sent to Rebekka Lee, Co-Director.
For more details, go to Harvard T.H. Chan School