Application Deadline: 11:59 pm on 3rd August 2018
The iLEAD Fellowship is a one-year programme for dynamic graduates who have demonstrated a passion for social development and leadership. Selected fellows will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and experience to lead change in their communities and contribute to the development sector. Fellows will also be trained on the iLEAD curriculum and supported to cascade same to secondary school students in assigned public secondary schools for a period of one year.
- 2018 Batch B National Youth Service Corp Member.
- Corp members who have been posted to Akwa-Ibom State for the mandatory service year.
- Passionate about social change and looking to pursue a career in the development sector or start a social enterprise/initiative.
- Interested in learning how to become a change leader and positively influence their communities and society.
The iLEAD Fellowship Structure
- is a one-year commitment to nurturing the personal and leadership development of underserved students in public secondary schools in Akwa Ibom state
- involves a variety of experiences that help you gain knowledge, skills and experience to become a change leader in your community and a key contributor to the development sector
- includes two-weeks of intense training in leadership, life, employability and enterprise skills, as well as fundamental skills for an entry-level career in the development sector
- places you in a community of like-minded youth with a shared passion for development
- connects you with seasoned professionals in the development sector who serve as career mentors for 6 months during the programme
- includes a two-week internship with top development organizations in Akwa Ibom state
- is an opportunity to become a part of LEAP Africa’s alumni network.
The Curriculum Delivery Structure
The iLEAD curriculum delivery structure is designed to a
- iLEAD fellows are posted as subject teachers to public secondary schools in either Uyo, Oron or Eket Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom state; three fellows are posted to one school
- In each iLEAD school, fellows are assigned to a cohort of 30 iLEAD students each and serve as their mentors for the academic year.
- Fellows meet with their students on a weekly basis for about one hour for curriculum delivery using LEAP Africa’s leadership and life skills or employability, enterprise and entrepreneurship skills curriculum.
Step 1: Complete the online application
Step 2: Complete the interview process
Step 3: Attend the orientation session
The online application closes by 11:59 pm on 3rd August 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For More Information: