Deadline: August 10, 2021
Applications are open for the LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service in Commemoration of International Youth Day 2021. Initiated by LEAP Africa, Youth Day of Service (YDoS) is an annual week-long, pan-African youth-led social impact campaign that begins on August 12 every year which is also ‘International Youth Day.’
YDoS is designed to ignite the agency and creativity of young people across Africa towards sustainable development and promote a culture of communal support and community development. The week-long campaign fosters the spirit of volunteerism within the youth population and inspires them to be active change agents in their communities continuously. The campaign theme for this year is ‘Youthful and Useful.’
- As a project lead, you can carry out any community-based project that other people can join, such as cleaning of a local environment, providing welfare to underserves communities, painting a school, educating women on sexual health in a community, hosting workshops or webinars to support the SDGs, and so on.
- As a volunteer, you can choose to join an existing project of your choice.
- Open to African youth, aged 13-35 years;
- Youth actors/leaders, Youth-led or youth-focused organisations, Development foundations, Corporate organizations, Individual donors can participate.
- No prior volunteering experience is needed to participate in the Youth Day of Service. All you need is a heart to serve and collaborate with other people.
- Applicants must be passionate about the SDGs, willing to give back to your community and join an amazing network of youth African change makers.
For more information, visit Youth Day of Service.