Due Date: September 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) Fellowships 2020 The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) awards research study fellowships to young academics (doctoral and postdoctoral scientists) from Germany and abroad.
Financing is offered both doctoral and postdoctoral research study handling the spiritual, political, social and cultural history of Europe from the early contemporary duration to 1989/90 Relative, multinational and transfer-historical research study tasks are especially welcome, as are tasks which handle subjects of intellectual, church or doctrinal history.
The fellowships are specifically for the function of performing the research study task explained in the application at the IEG. Therefore, no other kind of work or financing can be pursued or get throughout the period of the fellowship.
- IEG Fellowship for doctoral trainees have a regular monthly worth of EUR 1,350
- Fellowship holders whose partners accompany them to Mainz and do not have earnings of more than 450 euros monthly might get a household allowance. Please suggest in your application whether your partner accompanies you to Mainz.
- Fellows who concern Mainz accompanied by their minor kids can make an application for a kid allowance.
- Open to doctoral scientists from Germany and abroad who have at least a Masters level degree in history, faith or another discipline which works traditionally.
Kindly supply these accessories in the following order:
- Finished application
- Curriculum vitae and List of publications (if relevant) (please do not send out images)
- Overview of the Ph.D.-thesis (approximately 15,000 characters omitting footnotes and areas)
- Structure of the Ph.D.-thesis
- In-depth schedule for the designated remain at the Institute
- Copies of university records and evidence of language proficiency
Applications ought to be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
Leibniz Institute of European History
Prof. Irene Dingel and Prof. Johannes Paulmann
Re: Fellowship Application
Please integrate all of your application files into a single PDF other than for the application and consist of a word count at the end of your task description. Please send your application to [email protected] You might compose in either English or German; we suggest that you utilize the language in which you are most skilled.
For more details, check out IEG Fellowships