Deadline: December 17, 2018
Applications are open for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto. The scholarship is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community. Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Value and Amount
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
- Must be an international secondary school student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit) intending to begin university studies in the following academic year.
- An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2018
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2019 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To apply, you’ll need to:
Selection Procedure: On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.
School nomination deadline: November 30, 2018; Student OUAC application deadline: December 17, 2018 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 1, 2018 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.); Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2019.
For more information, visit Pearson International Scholarship.