Deadline: October 11, 2020
Applications for the Lexus Design Award 2021 are now open. Since 2013, the worldwide design competition has served as a platform for emerging designers and creators whose works can lead to a better future
Every year, creators from countries around the world submit design proposals, many of which leverage the power of technology to design for a better tomorrow. Submissions span across the categories of Industrial Design, Architecture, Technology/Engineering, Interior Design, and Fashion Design.
The 2021 award remains committed to supporting tomorrow’s creators with a new launchpad for their careers with world class mentoring, prototype funding, and unparalleled global exposure.
- Invitation to exhibit at Milan Design Week at Lexus Design Event.
- World-class Mentoring Workshop in New York City.
- Funding to bring your design to life.
- Open to professionals, students and design enthusiasts around the world.
- Entrants are individuals who have reached the age of majority in their home country.
- Applicants will need to develop innovative designs and bring fresh imaginative solutions that highlight the creative interplay between design and technology. At the same time, their ideas and designs should be captivating and engaging to the audience and the esteemed judging panel.
- Anticipate: How does your design anticipate the user experience and ultimately benefit society? (100 words)
- Innovate: How is your design original and innovative? (100 words)
- Captivate: How does your design captivate people? (100 words)
Application should include project description:
- Name of project
- One Line Short Description (Within 15 words)
- Full Description (Within 250 words)
- Include information on the background of the work, production / manufacturing process, materials used for construction and any facts or details you think are needed to fully explain your work.
For more information, visit Lexus Design Award.