Due Date: December 9, 2018
Applications are open for the LINKED BecA-ILR Vector and Infection Diagnostics Course for Early Profession Scientist 2019 Early scientists are welcomed to go to a five-day initial level vector and infection diagnostics course in Nairobi, Kenya, in March 2019.
The course will consist of an intro to DNA barcoding and an isothermal amplification masterclass, useful sessions will consist of:
- DNA extraction on plants and pests
- Polymerase Domino Effect (PCR)
- Gel Electrophoresis and sample preparation for sequencing
- Series analysis
- Loop moderated AMPlification (LIGHT) and Recombinase Polymerase Assay (RPA)
In in between useful sessions, there will be lecture input consisting of other diagnostic strategies, recognition, quality control, troubleshooting, and regional concerns such as reagent buying, storage and garbage disposal.
- Travel, lodging, subsistence and all training expenses will be covered for 12 effective candidates.
- Open to all LINKED network members who are early profession scientists, with choice offered to those based in nations in the OECD DAC list Early profession scientists are specified as those who have actually gotten their greatest degree (BSc, MS or PhD) within the previous 7 years.
To learn more, see Vector and Infection Diagnostics Course