Application Deadline: October 7th, 2021.
Since the beginning of the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science program, more than 3600 women scientists have been recognized in 117 countries. The program identifies and supports women in science at each step of their careers throughout the world. The International Rising Talents program (IRT) rewards the best candidates each year among national and regional programs. This program is aimed at PhD or Post-doctoral candidates as well as Medical doctors doing research. Only winners of national and regional program are eligible to apply for the IRT program.
a) Applicants must be recipients of 2020 or 2021 For Women in Science national or regional Young Talents endowments.
b) Applicants must be starting or currently enrolled in research.
c) Applicants must be pursuing research in the field of Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Formal Sciences.
d) Applicants must be under 45 on October 7, 2021 – closing date of the call for applications.
e) Applicants are strongly encouraged to do some research abroad before going back to their home country
f) Applicants must be still enrolled in their research work at the time of the ceremony because this endowment is meant to be a support in their project research.
- The winners will receive an award of € 15,000 and will participate in a training program specifically designed as a career booster to help the next generation of women scientists achieve the highest echelons in their scientific careers.
- This advanced training will take place in Paris during the For Women in Science Week.
The International Rising Talents cover each of the five regions:
- Africa and the Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- North America
Application Form and Supporting Documents
Eligible applicants must provide, in English:
a) A detailed description (maximum 2 pages), in English, of their research; (in Times New Roman, with standard margins, “12” font size and a minimum of one single line spacing for ease of reading),
b) A list of the most 3 to 5 significant publications (with the information about the Impact Factor of the Journal and number of citations of the given publication if any)
c) At least, two signed letters of recommendation from:
• The thesis supervisor,
• The acceptance letter from the Director of the host laboratory/institution,
• If possible, a letter from a peer in the research field of the thesis and/or post-doctoral project.
The content of these exemplified and detailed letters must have two main dimensions (knowhow and interpersonal skills):
• Recognition of the scientific quality and importance of the work carried out in the thesis and planned in the post-doctoral project (originality, scientific scope, even economic and social scope). It is important to show how it has really contributed to the area.
• Appreciation of the researcher’s human qualities, her autonomy, her inventiveness, her creativity and her ability to interact effectively, productively and benevolently and with others (sharing, listening, mentoring…)
d) A duly completed application form (applications can only be submitted electronically through the online platform: https://www.forwomeninscience.com/authority/internationalrising-talents
e) for doctoral candidates a copy of an official transcript of your last graduate studies,
f) for post-doctoral candidates, proof of having obtained a Ph.D. degree or equivalent, at most 5 years ago,
g) a letter from a host institution/organization (i.e.: the institute where the applicant is currently working).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: No paper applications are accepted. All applications must be registered online before October 7th, 2021.
For More Information: