Due Date: October 23, 2019
Applications are open for the Luce/ACLS Argumentation Fellowships in American Art 2020/2021 The Fellowships are designated for college students at any phase of PhD argumentation research study or writing. 10 fellowships are readily available for a non-renewable, 1 year term start in between June and September 2020 for the 2020-21 scholastic year.
The fellowships might be performed in home at the fellow’s house organization, abroad, or at another proper website for the research study. The fellowships might not be utilized to settle tuition expenses or be held simultaneously with any other significant fellowship or grant.
- The overall award of $40,000 consists of a stipend and extra funds for travel and research study. This program is enabled by moneying from the Henry Luce Structure.
Candidates need to:
- Be a PhD prospect in a department of art history in the United States. A trainee with a suitable task whose degree will be approved by another department is qualified just if the primary argumentation consultant remains in a department of art history. (Trainees preparing theses for the Master of Arts degree are not qualified.)
- Have an argumentation concentrated on a subject in the history of the visual arts of the United States. Jobs ought to be focused primary on the art item and/or image and utilize an art-historical or visual research studies approach. Although the subject might be traditionally and/or in theory grounded, propositions whose focus are mainly socio-historical will not be thought about.
- Have actually finished all requirements for the PhD other than the argumentation prior to starting fellowship period.
- Have actually not formerly gotten this fellowship more than as soon as.
- Be a United States resident or long-term homeowner.
Scholars asked to evaluate applications in this program are advised to utilize the following 3 requirements:
- The quality of the proposition with regard to its method, scope, theoretical structure, and grounding in the appropriate academic literature.
- The capacity of the task to advance the discipline in art history, both usually and in the particular field( s) it engages.
- The candidate’s record of academic engagement and capacity for academic accomplishment.
Applications need to be sent online and need to consist of:
- Finished application
- Proposition (no greater than 5 pages, double spaced, in Times New Roman 11- point typeface)
- Illustrations (no greater than 3 pages) [optional]
- Bibliography (no greater than 2 pages)
- List of publications, exhibits, and/or discussions (no greater than 2 pages) [optional]
- 2 recommendation letters, among which need to originate from the candidate’s argumentation consultant
- A declaration from the candidate’s organization (ideally from the candidate’s department chair, director of graduate research studies, or dean). The supplied type asks the institutional agent to verify that the candidate is a doctoral prospect in excellent standing which all requirements for the PhD other than the argumentation will be finished by the start of fellowship period. Most notably, the institutional agent ought to verify that (1) the typical scholastic year tuition payments for the recipient will be waived or will be supplied by the recipient’s university, which (2) the university will continue to supply the trainee with proper access to its research study resources and centers. The individual sending the declaration ought to not be among the recommendation letter authors.
To find out more, go to Luce/ACLS Argumentation Fellowships