Deadline: August 31, 2018
Applications are open for the Lufthansa Innovation Hub/SAP.iO Aviation Blockchain Challenge 2018. Lufthansa Innovation Hub is partnering with the SAP.iO Berlin Foundry in The Aviation Blockchain Challenge to explore potential opportunities and drive adoption of Blockchain technology in the airline industry. Blockchain has been praised as the most disruptive technology long enough. While the financial sector has already been shaken up, the Travel & Mobility Tech scene has not yet exhausted all possibilities offered by the Blockchain technology.
Lufthansa Innovation Hub and SAP.iO want to attract the world’s most talented Blockchain entrepreneurs by providing the perfect environment to ideate and experiment with new business models. The combination of Lufthansa’s innovation ecosystem and massive industry expertise along with access to SAP Blockchain assets and mentorship will enable you to put your idea in the spotlight of relevant decision makers and consequently boost your Blockchain business.
- Airline Challenge:In this category, ideas are sought that improve airline specific operations and related processes, for example by optimizing the sharing of data across company and departmental boundaries.
- Traveler Challenge:In this category, ideas are sought along the entire travel chain that offer clear added value for travelers – from booking and purchasing flights to loyalty pro-grams and airport identification. The overriding goal is to make the travel experience more efficient and seamless.
- Supplier Challenge:This category is about ideas that have the potential to rethink maintenance and related aspects of the aviation supply chain – from document tracking and digitization to the transparent verification of documentation.
- A Global stage for your idea including international press coverage and media awareness;
- Potential pilot project with Lufthansa Group;
- Professional mentoring for all shortlisted teams;
- Possibility to pitch in front of senior management;
- Coverage of travel expenses (up to €2,500 per team);
- Finalists can get access to Blockchain-as-a-Service from SAP in order to build or improve their MVP;
- Office space for up to 3 months in the Berlin ecosystem – to work on your idea.
- Early-stage startups are welcome just like any other team, without a registered company;
- All ideas should solve one problem of the three categories with a sharp Blockchain-based solution;
- Just like Blockchain, good ideas are spread all over the world. Therefore, it doesn’t matter if you are based in Germany or if your company was founded in Bora Bora;
- Even if your home base is in Bora Bora, they need the finalists to be physically present at the Lufthansa Innovation Forum in Frankfurt, Germany on October 23, 2018 to pitch your idea.
For more information, visitAviation Blockchain Challenge.