Due Date: November 8, 2019
Applications are open for the Luis Valtueña International Humanitarian Photography Award 2019 The Award, approved by Médicos del Mundo Spain acknowledges the work of expert photographers who, through their images, knock injustices, oppressions and abuses, or affirm to the circumstances that propitiate them or that battle.
By providing this reward the of the professional photographer and cooperator Luis Valtueña, homage is paid to his memory which of 3 other complying members of the association who were killed in Rwanda (1997) and in Bosnia (1995) when they were performing actions humanitarian
This award likewise wishes to highlight human worths and proof all type of offenses of individuals’s rights. Medical professionals of the World is securely dedicated to documentary photography to raise awareness amongst the public and promote social mobilization, in order to add to the obliteration of the worst of illness: oppression.
The pictures need to tell or narrate associated to these subjects: humanitarian action, worldwide cooperation, social exemption, human rights offenses, armed disputes, natural catastrophes, refugee and immigrant populations or socially omitted groups.
- A distinct reward will be granted. The winning individual will get a work grant of 6,000 Euros ( raw quantity, the matching withholding will be used depending upon the citizenship and the scenario of the recipient) to make a thorough report including a minimum of 50 pictures and the number of pieces of video and/ or audio it thinks about essential, around a few of the lines of work of Medical professionals of the World, having the ability to be performed in any of the nations in which the company establishes programs of humanitarian action and/ or cooperation to the advancement.
The winner will need to provide his work proposition to Médicos del Mundo in February of 2020, which will consist of the focus, description and goals of the job, taking into consideration the shared interests and the functional and security conditions in the possible locations. The proposition will be assessed collectively with its author and when the contract is formalized, the association and the advisory council of the Reward will offer the professional photographer with the due accompaniment and assistance for the total advancement of their job.
- Photographers and professional photographers of any citizenship, of legal age and associated to the documentary method, might take part;-LRB- ***************).
- The employees of Medical professionals of the World, nor their family members approximately the very first degree of consanguinity will not have the ability to concur to this call. Neither might the members of the jury, nor the technical group straight connected to the Reward, nor their family members to the very first degree of consanguinity;-LRB- ***************).
- The photographic job need to conclude prior to November 30,2020 And its author carries out not to release it by any ways prior to the private exhibit that will be held to provide the result in Madrid in January,2021 This exhibit might distribute through more than one exhibit space.
Each candidate might send a single application to this call. The documents needs to be finished in Spanish, English or French.
All demands need to be sent out to the e-mail [email protected] specifically through the WeTransfer platform, as a message or as a link. If you pick the 2nd alternative, in the topic of the message it need to check out: XXIII LUIS VALTUEÑA REWARD + NAME AUTHOR/ A.
The following documents needs to be connected:
- A photographic series of optimum 10 images. A minimum of 30% of the overall of the series need to have been made in between January 2019 and October 2019 and not have actually existed in previous editions of the Reward.
- Photos need to exist in digital format, such as JPEG images (*. jpg) with a typical quality of 5000 pixels in the longest measurement and 72 dpi/ dpi resolution, utilizing the Adobe RGB (chosen) or sRGB color area.
- The weight of each file need to not surpass 3 MB. Each image needs to have a title in the metadata/ exif field of the file.
- The name of the author need to not be consisted of in the titles of the images or exif fields.
- The initial structure of the digital image can just be modified by dark space methods such as brightness, contrast and color changes, too much exposure and sub-exposure. No other modification in the initial digital image will be enabled.
- Only pictures of a single frame (single frame) will be accepted. Photomontages and numerous exhibits will be omitted from the contest. In case of doubt regarding a possible digital modification of the image beyond the allowed in the bases of this reward, the company reserves the right to ask for the individuals the initial file of the picture without retouching, as it was tape-recorded by the video camera, or a scanned and without treatment, unfavorable copy or slide.
- Kind properly finished Consists of fundamental recognition information of the candidate and his/her series photographic
To learn more, check out Luis Valtueña Award