Due Date: July 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Massachusetts Institute of Innovation (MIT) Fix International Obstacles 2019 Each year Fix looks for services from tech innovators around the globe for its International Obstacles. Finalists are welcomed to pitch their services at Solve Obstacle Finals throughout UN General Assembly Week in New York City City in September.
Picked Solver groups will sign up with an encouraging neighborhood of peers, funders, and specialists to assist advance their work; get mentorship and tactical recommendations from Solve and MIT networks; participate in Fix at MIT, the yearly flagship occasion in May; and get access to more than $725,000 in reward financing for the 2019 Obstacles.
- There’s more than $725,000 of reward financing offered for the 2019 Solver Class. If you are chosen as a Solver, you’ll get a $10,000 grant from Fix in addition to access to considerable extra reward financing.
- You’ll get 12 months of tailored assistance with deliberate intros to members of Solve’s cross-sector neighborhood. Through these connections, you’ll construct the collaborations required to accelerate your work, verify your effect and service design, and scale your service.
- When you sign up with the MIT-backed neighborhood, you’ll:.
- Total a requirements evaluation to get a tailored collaborations action strategy customized to your monetary and nonfinancial requirements.
- Be coupled with a coach to support you as you reach your collaboration objectives.
- Meet and get in touch with financiers and cross-sector leaders to produce collaborations throughout Solve’s flagship occasions, extra workshops throughout the year, and through helped with intros. Fix’s neighborhood of members consists of leading companies such as BNP Paribas, Google, Novartis Structure, Conserve the Kid, and a lot more.
- Grow your direct exposure and speak at Solve Obstacle Finals and Fix at MIT. These occasions combine an unique group of 400 cross-sector leaders and plainly function Solver groups on phase and in workshops.
- Get tactical recommendations from accomplished leaders through Brain Trusts, curated working groups uniting a mini Board of Advisors.
- Sign up with a class of peers to share finest practices and discover partnership chances.
- Speak and network at other Solve-facilitated public relations chances, consisting of global social effect conferences. Previous Solver engagements consist of the World Economic Online Forum, Forbes 30 Under 30, UN Women, Concordia, Misk Global Online Forum, and the International Education Abilities Online Forum.
- Refine your pitch and media discussion through personalized training in advance of Solve flagship occasions and other engagements– assistance that is valued at $15,000
- Get the word out with international media and social networks direct exposure. With Solve’s assistance, Solver groups have actually been included in Quick Business, Forbes, NPR, The Associated Press, and The Boston World.
- Anybody, anywhere around the globe aged 13 and older can send a service to Fix’s Obstacles;-LRB- **************).
- You can be a private, a group, or a company;-LRB- **************).
- You can be a candidate from previous years or currently part of our neighborhood. If you have an appropriate service, they hope you’ll use.
Fix looks for ingenious, human-centered, tech-based services to our International Obstacles. They will think about services at all phases of advancement:
- Concept: They invite you to send your service concept, however please note that concept-stage services are not likely to be chosen. You have till the submission due date to model and explore your concept!
- Model: An endeavor structure and screening its item, service, or service design. Generally referred to as “pre-seed” if for earnings.
- Pilot: A business releasing an evaluated item, service, or service design in a minimum of one neighborhood. Hybrids and for-profits would normally remain in a “seed” round and producing income (whether they are capital favorable).
- Development: A business with a recognized item, service, or service design presented, which is poised for more development in numerous neighborhoods or nations. Organizations at this phase must have a clear course to sustainability. For-profits at this phase would be “seed” or “Series A.”
- Scale: A sustainable business operating in numerous neighborhoods or nations that is wanting to scale considerably, concentrating on increased effectiveness. For-profits in this phase would be “Series A” or “Series B.”
Through open development, Fix is trying to find a varied portfolio of services throughout location, advancement phase, and staff member’ gender and background. They motivate individuals of all backgrounds to send applications.
After a preliminary screening by Solve personnel, the judges will score evaluated services based upon the following requirements:
- Positioning: The service utilizes innovation to resolve among Solve’s International Obstacles.
- Possible for Effect: The prepared service execution has the possible to effect lives.
- Scalability: The service can be scaled to impact the lives of more individuals.
- Expediency: Option execution is possible, and the group has a prepare for monetary sustainability.
- Ingenious Method: The service consists of a brand-new innovation, a brand-new application of innovation, a brand-new service design, or a brand-new procedure for resolving the Obstacle.
Picked finalists will pitch prior to the Obstacle judges and a live audience at Solve Obstacle Finals. The most appealing services will form the brand-new Solver class and construct collaborations with the Solve neighborhood.
For more details, go to MIT Fix International Obstacles