Deadline: January 10, 2020
Functions are open for the McGraw Fellowship for Enterprise Journalism 2020. The McGraw Fellowship supplies editorial and monetary help to journalists who want the time and sources to provide a big investigative or enterprise story that gives recent perception into an essential enterprise, monetary or financial subject.
The intention of the Fellowship is to help high-impact, formidable protection of vital points associated to the worldwide financial system, finance and enterprise. In an age when many information organizations not have the sources to deal with complicated, time-consuming tales, the Fellowships allow skilled journalists to do the deep reporting wanted to provide a critical piece of investigative or enterprise journalism.
The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Middle for Enterprise Journalism, an initiative of the Craig Newmark Graduate Faculty of Journalism on the Metropolis College of New York, started providing Fellowships to completed journalists in the summertime of 2014. Practically three dozen veteran journalists have since been awarded grants of as much as $15,000.
- The Fellowship supplies a grant of as much as $15,000 for every undertaking. The precise quantity will rely upon the time it takes to finish the undertaking and the bills wanted; freelance journalists may additionally use among the funding as a stipend for dwelling bills in the course of the Fellowship.
- Open to anybody with not less than 5 years skilled expertise in journalism;
- Freelance journalists, in addition to reporters and editors at present working at a information group or a journalism non-profit, might apply.
- They search for candidates with a confirmed capability to report and execute a posh undertaking of their proposed medium; ideally, candidates may also have a powerful background or reporting experience as regards to their piece.
Methods to Apply
- Candidates ought to submit a well-focused story proposal of not more than three pages by way of the accompanying on-line type. Consider it as pitch, very like you’d undergo an editor at a newspaper, journal, digital outlet, or radio station: give them sufficient preliminary reporting and documentation to display that the story is stable. The proposal ought to spotlight what’s new and vital concerning the story, why it issues and what its potential influence is likely to be. The proposal also needs to be aware the place vital tales on the topic have run elsewhere and the way the proposed piece would differ.
- Candidates also needs to briefly define a proposed reporting plan and a timeline for finishing the story and let the organizers know if a media outlet is lined as much as run the story.
- As well as, candidates ought to enclose three journalism samples. The samples must be professionally revealed work that showcases your capability to deal with an in-depth story within the proposed medium. Please additionally present a resume and references from two editors or others conversant in your work; if that may be a drawback, please contact organizers to debate alternate options.
For extra data go to McGraw Middle.