Application Deadline: January 5th 2020
MCW Global’s year-long flagship program is for participants between the ages of 18 to 26, who are prepared to become leaders of positive change in their communities by obtaining tools and skills needed to transform passion into action. The program is based on 3 phases:
Vision Planning: Project Development
Alumni Mentorship and Ongoing Support
To be eligible for the program, Young Leaders should:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community
- Identify an issue in their community to address
- Be between the ages of 18-26
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Commit to attending the 10-day program and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation
- Have access to email and Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program)
- Submit a completed application on or before January 5, 2020
In an effort to make the program accessible to all participants, MCW Global will cover program and flight costs. MCW Global will also cover costs during the summer program (July 21- July 30, 2020), including housing, food, travel to and from the summer program venues, and any necessary supplies.
MCW Global requires all participants to pay for on the ground costs, including passport, visa, and in-country ground transportation fees. (Not applicable for U.S. based participants.)
- November 15, 2019: Young Leaders Access Program application opens
- January 5, 2020: Young Leaders Access Program application closes
- February 3, 2020: First round decisions sent out; short list candidates notified; second round application opens
- February 21, 2020: Second round application closes
- March 2-28, 2020: Interviews with Alumni
- April 1, 2020: Acceptances sent out
- May 3, 2020: Confirmation of acceptance with visa interview date and deposit
- July 21, 2020 – July 30, 2020: Young Leaders Access Summer Program
- July 30, 2020 – July 22, 2021: Young Leaders Access Program duration
HOW TO APPLY
application must be filled out in English. All letters of
recommendation and your resume need to be prepared in English. Any parts
of the application that are not in English will not be read and the
application will be considered incomplete.
The application includes:
1. General information
2. Essay questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
4. Two letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and
commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged
from writing the letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- The letter should be on official letterhead, signed and dated.
5. Liability waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
For More Information: