Due Date: January 2, 2019
Applications are open for the 2019 Wonder Corners of the World (MCW) Young Leaders Gain Access To Program. MCW Global’s year-long flagship program is for individuals (18 to 26), who are prepared to end up being leaders of favorable modification in their neighborhoods by providing the tools and stills required to change enthusiasm into action.
MCW is a non-profit company that resolves neighborhoods’ requirements by empowering present leaders and preparing leaders of tomorrow. Their objective is to attend to neighborhoods’ pushing requirements by empowering present leaders and preparing leaders of tomorrow. Established in 1999, MCW Global is based in New york city with partner companies in Africa (Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia). MCW uses Young Leaders, Neighborhood Advancement, and Oral Healthcare programs.
The program is based upon 3 stages:
- Summertime Retreat: The Program starts with an extensive summertime retreat that assists in management advancement, a deep understanding of worldwide citizenship, and how to execute a task from starting to end. The retreat is kept in late July/early August in Burlington, Vermont and New York City City, New York City. In addition to working together with MCW Worldwide staff member, alumni coaches, and volunteers, individuals will likewise speak with a variety of specialists from academic community, civil society, advancement, and the general public and economic sectors about their own community-action jobs. (10 days)
- Vision Preparation: Task Advancement: Individuals concern the Program with a concept of a neighborhood problem they wish to attend to through the procedure of vision preparation, which intends to change enthusiasm into a concrete prepare for modification. Throughout this procedure, individuals will have the ability to put their regional concerns into a bigger worldwide context while checking out why they remain in a distinct position to make modification take place. Individuals will likewise figure out which tools they require to use to the strategy, in order to make it actionable. After the retreat, Young Leaders are anticipated to more establish and/or execute their strategy in partnership with their alumni coaches.(12 months)
- Alumni Mentorship and Ongoing Assistance: To even more establish and perform their vision strategies, Young Leaders are coupled with alumni coaches, who direct them at the retreat towards producing an actionable strategy. Throughout the year, alumni coaches support individuals by helping with quarterly “hangouts” and continuous remote interaction. Alumni coaches go through personalized training prior to the start of the program in order to support group structure and cultural proficiency. (12 months)
- In an effort to make the program available to all individuals, MCW Global will cover program and flight expenses.
- MCW Global will likewise cover expenses throughout the summertime retreat (July 23- August 1, 2019), consisting of real estate, food, travel to and from the retreat places, and any needed products.
- MCW Worldwide needs all individuals to spend for on the ground expenses, consisting of passport, visa, and in-country ground transport costs. (Not suitable for U.S. based individuals.)
To be qualified for the program, Young Leaders need to:
Demonstrate dedication to their neighborhood
Recognize a problem in their neighborhood to address
Be in between the ages of 18-26
- Be proficient in composed and spoken English
- Demonstrate dedication to their neighborhood
- Have the ability to determine a problem in their neighborhood they want to address
- Devote to participating in the 10- day retreat and investing the list below year intending to perform their neighborhood task
- Be eligible for suitable visa and travel paperwork
- Have access to email and Web to permit constant interaction with the MCW Worldwide Group and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor throughout of the year-long program
- Abide By Young Leaders Gain access to Program graduation standards (to be supplied upon approval to the program)
- Send a finished application on or prior to January 2, 2019
- Action 1: Application: Complete the application, which is readily available up until Wednesday, January 2. The application consists of sharing your resume, submitting some standard details, and a couple of brief essay concerns.
- Action 2: Requirements Evaluation: Shortlist prospects will be asked to send a quick requirements evaluation, which will explain their neighborhood problem and prospective services in higher information.
- Action 3: Interview: If picked, prospects will be called for a virtual interview with alumni, who have actually gone through the program.
- Action 4: Choice: Candidates who are picked to take part in the program will be informed by e-mail of their status on April 1, 2019.
If you have any concerns about the application, email us at [email protected]
The application need to be completed in English. All recommendation letters and your resume require to be prepared in English. Any parts of the application that are not in English will not read and the application will be thought about insufficient.
To learn more, check out MCW Worldwide