Due Date: November 7, 2018
Applications for the Mellon International Argumentation Research Study Fellowship 2019 are open. The Mellon International Argumentation Research Study Fellowship (IDRF) uses 9 to twelve months of assistance to finish trainees in the liberal arts and humanistic social sciences who are registered in Ph.D. programs in the United States and performing argumentation research study on non-US subjects.
Seventy fellowships are granted yearly. Fellowship quantities differ depending upon the research study strategy, with a per-fellowship average of $22,000 The fellowship consists of involvement in an SSRC-funded interdisciplinary workshop upon the conclusion of IDRF-funded research study.
- The program is open to finish trainees in the liberal arts and humanistic social sciences– no matter citizenship– registered in Ph.D. programs in the United States.
- Applicants to the 2019 IDRF competitors should finish all Ph.D. requirements other than on-site research study by the time the fellowship starts or by December 2019, whichever precedes.
- The program welcomes propositions for argumentation research study carried out, in entire or in part, outside the United States, on non-US subjects.
- It will think about applications for argumentation research study grounded in a single website, notified by more comprehensive cross-regional and interdisciplinary point of views, in addition to applications for multi-sited, relative, and transregional research study.
- Propositions that recognize the United States as a case for relative questions are welcome; nevertheless, propositions that focus mainly or specifically on the United States are not qualified.
- Applicants from choose disciplines within the liberal arts (Art History, Architectural History, Classics, Drama/Theater, Movie Researches, Literature, Musicology, Efficiency Researches, Viewpoint, Political Theory, and Religious beliefs) might ask for 3 or more months of financing for global on-site argumentation research study in mix with site-specific research study in the United States, for an overall of 9 to twelve months of financing.
- All other candidates (for example, those in Sociology, Location, History, Government, and Sociology, to name a few) should ask for 9 to twelve months of on-site, site-specific argumentation research study with a minimum of 6 months of research study beyond the United States.
- Research Study within the United States should be site-specific (e.g., at a specific archive) and can not be at the candidate’s house organization unless that organization has essential site-specific research study holdings.
- Please keep in mind that the IDRF program supports research study just and might not be utilized for argumentation review.
- Applicants who have actually finished considerable financed argumentation research study in one nation by the start of their proposed IDRF research study might be disqualified to use to the IDRF to extend research study time in the exact same nation.
- Eligibility will be at the discretion of the IDRF program, depending upon finished research study time and financing.
- The IDRF program anticipates fellows to stay at their research study website( s) for the complete 9- to twelve-month financing duration.
- The IDRF program will not support research study at foreign universities, conference involvement, or argumentation review.
- The program does decline applications from PhD programs in law, organisation, medication, nursing, or journalism, nor does it accept applications in doctoral programs that do not result in a PhD.
- Candidates are anticipated to compose in clear, intelligible prose for a choice committee that is multidisciplinary and cross-regional.
- Propositions must show a comprehensive understanding of the significant ideas, theories, and techniques in the candidate’s discipline and in other associated fields, in addition to a bibliography pertinent to the research study.
- Candidates must define why a prolonged duration of on-site research study is vital for effective conclusion of the proposed doctoral argumentation.
- The research study style of propositions must be sensible in scope, plainly developed, and responsive to theoretical and methodological issues.
- Candidates must supply proof of having actually obtained a suitable level of training to carry out the proposed research study, consisting of proof of a degree of language fluency enough to finish the job.
To find out more, go to Mellon IDRF