Due Date: March 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Mellon Scholars Program 2019-2020 The Library Business of Philadelphia’s Program in African American History, with the assistance of the Andrew W. Mellon Structure, is delighted to reveal the Mellon Scholars Program of fellowships, internships, and workshop for 2019-2020 These competitive programs are created to increase the involvement of scholars from underrepresented backgrounds and others in the field of African American history prior to 1900.
- The Mellon Scholars Research Study Fellowship Program intends to promote research study in the collections of the Library Business and to boost the production of academic operate in African American history of the 17 th, 18 th, and 19 th centuries. Fellows need to be in house for the whole regard to the award. The following research study fellowships will be used for 2019-2020:.
- Post-doctoral fellowship, with a stipend of $50,000 for the scholastic year, or $25,000 for one term. Candidates need to hold a Ph.D. by September 1, 2019.
- Argumentation fellowship, with a stipend of $25,000 for the scholastic year, or $12,500 for one term. Candidates need to remain in the later phases of research study or writing.
- Short-term fellowships, for doctoral prospects and senior scholars, with a stipend of $2,500 for one month of research study in between June 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020.
- The Mellon Scholars Internship Program ( June 2 through June 29, 2019). Interns will be increasing senior citizens or current college graduates and will get a $1,500 stipend and extra assistance for travel and real estate.
- The Mellon Scholars Summertime Workshop ( June 16 through June 22, 2019) is a one-week expert advancement program. Workshop individuals will be trainees in their very first year of graduate research study in an MA program or innovative undergrads. Individuals will get a $500 stipend and extra assistance for travel and real estate.
- Open to PhD holders, doctoral prospects, senior citizens or current graduates and trainees in their very first year of graduate research study in an MA program or innovative undergrads.
Application for Fellowship
Prospects might obtain both a short-term and either an argumentation or post-doctoral fellowship. To use, go to the application page; submit an online coversheet and submit a single PDF file consisting of a short résumé and a 2- to four-page description of the proposed research study. Candidates for short-term fellowships need to likewise have one recommendation letter sent out under different cover in PDF format.
Applicants for post-doctoral and argumentation fellowships need to consist of a composing sample of no greater than 25 pages and need to have 2 letters of recommendation sent out under different cover in PDF format. If you want to obtain more than one fellowship, just inspect more than one box on your electronic cover sheet. For basic details about the Library Business’s fellowship program, contact James Green through telephone (215) 546-3181, fax (215) 546-5167, or email [email protected] To find out more about the Mellon Scholars Program, contact Dr. Deirdre Cooper Owens, Program Director, at [email protected]
Application for Internship and Workshop
Qualified prospects might obtain both the workshop and the internship. If you want to obtain more than one summertime program, just inspect more than one box on your electronic cover sheet. To use:
- Go to the application page; submit an online coversheet and submit a single PDF file consisting of a résumé and a 2-4 page individual declaration explaining future objectives and how the internship or workshop would even more those objectives.
- One recommendation letter from a professor knowledgeable about the candidate’s scholastic work need to be sent out to [email protected]
- In addition, main undergrad and graduate (if suitable) school records need to be sent by mail to: Library Business of Philadelphia, Attn: Mellon Scholars Internship and Workshop Committee, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Following the application due date, choose internship and workshop candidates will be called to arrange a brief Skype interview.
To find out more, check out Mellon Scholars Program