Deadline: April 20, 2021
Applications are open for the Millennium Oceans Prize 2021. The Millennium Oceans Prize is returning for its seventh year to support and celebrate students who are passionate about conserving, protecting, and sustainably using oceans, seas, and marine water and life.
The Millennium Oceans Prize targets Sustainable Development Goal 14 by celebrating youth activists who are focused on enriching their communities through advancing marine and freshwater conservation and sustainable use of marine resources.
They are looking for campaign ideas that are concrete and can rally your peers to mobilize in this sector. How can you engage youth leaders on other campuses and in communities across the globe to fight for and champion advocacy and leadership for the oceans, freshwater systems, sustainable fishing, and marine conservation? Your campaign could take shape through activism, social entrepreneurship, or research. How will you mobilize your community and inspire youth leaders world-wide to take part in the fight for sustainable practices that protect our oceans and freshwater systems?
The best part of this prize is the opportunity to cultivate a community of peers who care just as much about the oceans and marine resources as you do. Here are the specifics:
- Up to $5,000 to implement your winning campaign.
- Mentorship and support from MCN.
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14.
- Write for MCN’s media partners about your campaign.
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
- Only undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- Applicant should be passionate about conserving, protecting, and sustainably using oceans, seas, and marine water and life.
- Submissions should demonstrate the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year. Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire.
The priority deadline for the prize application is April 20, 2021. If you wish to submit a project idea, answer the questions on the application form.
For more information, visit Millennium Oceans Prize.