Deadline: April 26, 2021
Applications are invited for the Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship Climate Resilience Asia Pacific Accelerator 2021. The Miller Center’s Climate Resilience Asia Pacific Accelerator, supported by Chevron, offers 6 months of highly customized mentorship and content.
The program will directly address the most significant barriers to investment for the highest potential social entrepreneurs in the region solving for reliable, affordable, low-carbon solutions that scale with high-touch capacity support from Silicon Valley mentors, local Asia Pacific leaders, and Chevron staff. The program will work with a portfolio of 12-15 social enterprises in countries of interest to Chevron in the Asia Pacific region, (Vietnam, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines) and align with Chevron’s energy transition strategy in countries where Chevron operates.
Graduates complete the program with a business plan, improved operations, and the ability to attract investment, leading to expanded economic opportunity for the entrepreneurs, many of whom will be women, and climate-smart solutions that scale. The program’s thematic focus is climate resilience, including clean energy, clean water, and climate-smart agriculture, aligning with both Chevron’s interest in advancing less carbon-intensive technologies and the promotion of positive social, environmental, and gender impacts, welcomed by marginalized communities.
This Miller Center program offers many benefits to selected social entrepreneurs, including:
- Proven Program: Experience Miller Center’s structured, proven curriculum that has helped over 1,000 social enterprises attain operational excellence and prepare for investment.
- Mentors: You will be accompanied by executive mentors with expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship who are your trusted advisors.
- No Charge: All Miller Center accelerator programs are offered at no charge to selected social enterprises.
They seek social enterprise applicants who:
- Have an impact in one or more of the following six countries: Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam;
- Are focusing on innovations that address the poor, who are suffering disproportionately from climate change in the areas of:
- Energy– providing access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy
- Water– ensuring availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation
- Climate-Smart Agriculture– implementing sustainable food production systems and resilient agricultural practices to increase productivity and production
- Are focused on creating social impact for people living in poverty;
- Lead a for profit, non-profit, or hybrid organization with a clear commitment to and a pathway toward an earned revenue model with the potential for scale;
- Have been in operation for one or more years;
- Have a minimum of US$50K in revenue;
- Have a minimum of 3+ FTE;
- Are willing to commit 3-6 hours per week to complete program deliverables and work with mentors online.
Applications for the first-ever Climate Resilience Asia Pacific Online Program Cohort are due by Monday, April 26, 2021.
For more information, visit Miller Center.