Deadline: December 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Miller Center Women’s Economic Empowerment Online Accelerator 2021. Miller Center delivers world-class accelerator programs that connect global social enterprise leaders with business executives to develop more sustainable, scalable market-based solutions to the problems of those living in poverty around the world.
In support of the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5, Miller Center is focused on supporting women’s economic growth. Investing in women’s economic empowerment (WEE) globally sets a direct path toward gender equality, poverty eradication, and inclusive economic growth.
They want to support social enterprises that are taking a robust and holistic approach to supporting women in all aspects of business. Their goal is to bring social enterprises that have a gender lens strategy together to offer mentorship and help build sustainable and scalable businesses. This first-ever Women’s Economic Empowerment GSBI Online Accelerator Cohort will kick off in February 2021.
GSBI offers 6 months of highly customized mentorship and content. GSBI programs offer many benefits to selected social entrepreneurs, including:
- Proven Program: Experience Miller Center’s structured, proven curriculum that has helped over 1,000 social enterprises attain operational excellence and prepare for investment.
- Mentors: You will be accompanied by executive mentors with expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship who are your trusted advisors
- No Charge: All Miller Center GSBI accelerator programs are offered at no charge to selected social enterprises.
Open to social entrepreneurs who:
- Address gender issues and promote gender equity by having:
- Women-owned or -led teams
- Products or services that substantially improve the lives of women and girls
- A focus on workplace equity in staffing, management, and boardroom representation
- A focus on workplace equity along their supply chain
- Are focused on serving the poor, including people living in poverty as leaders, customers/users/beneficiaries, employees, and/or supply chain partners.
- Have a clear commitment to and a pathway toward an earned revenue model with the potential for scale.
- Has been in operation for one or more years.
- Are willing to commit 3-6 hours per week to complete program deliverables and work with mentors online.
Applications for the first-ever Women’s Economic Empowerment GSBI Online Program Cohort are due by December 1, 2020.
For more information, visit Miller Center.