Application Due Date: Saturday, November 18, 2018 8pm EST
The MIT-Empowering the Educators (MIT-ETT) program at MIT makes every effort to cultivate development in science and engineering education in tertiary scholastic organizations in Africa through an extreme engagement with professor from African universities.
The overarching objective of MIT-ETT is to help with the advancement of young African professors management in science and engineering education who will present development and imagination into science and engineering curricular. There are 2 primary goals of the MIT-ETT program: to offer young African teachers with direct exposure to innovative pedagogical approaches in the highest-rated engineering and science departments in the U.S. and to offer American professors who have a deep interest in getting in touch with those in their disciplines in emerging economies a concrete methods of engagement.
Throughout their term at MIT, Fellows do the following:
- observe guideline in their own disciplines & topics
- engage with MIT professors mentor in their own disciplines & topics
- establish courses based upon analytical technique influenced by comparable course at MIT
- go over & check out curricular enrichment & reform through both official and casual interaction with the MIT neighborhood
The supreme objective is to reform their existing curricular utilizing brand-new products, methods and approaches that exhibit the very best of MIT’s practices: analytical, student-centered, development and bringing understanding to bear upon the world’s biggest difficulties.
- Chosen fellows will observe guideline in their disciplines and work as a group to prepare ingenious curricula and methods to mentor that can be presented into their house universities on their return.
- MIT-Empowering the Educators will cover the travel, living and training products costs of the individuals. The house universities of the effective candidates will dedicate to offer paid leaves of lack throughout the duration of the MIT program.
- They will participate in twice-weekly MIT-Empowering the Educators Workshop conferences, one which will concentrate on curriculum evaluation and advancement led by Teacher Akinwande.
MIT-ETT invites applications from all certified professors who are:
1) thinking about establishing brand-new curriculum and mentor approaches and consider themselves to be change-agents;-LRB- *************).
2) a professor holding a PhD and teach in a department representing Electrical Engineering and Computer Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering at a university in Nigeria;-LRB- *************).
3) Speaker One rank. Applications will be completely vetted.
Program Application Fall 2019– Spring 2020
To use, please total the Program Application listed below, then send out:
- a) the finished application;-LRB- *******************).
- b) a copy of your existing curriculum vitae (please consist of which coding languages you understand);-LRB- *******************).
- c) a copy of 1 term paper and 1 conference paper that finest represents your work/your locations of interest
Please send out (a), (b), and (c) as ONE [non-secured] PDF accessory in ONE e-mail to: email@example.com
For Additional Information: