Deadline: June 16, 2020
Applications for the MIT Challenge Latin America vs. COVID-19 Virtual Hackathon 2020 are now open. The MIT COVID-19 Challenge is a series of virtual hackathons. During these hackathons, multi-disciplinary teams will collaborate to develop innovative solutions that can help address the COVID-19 crisis.
They are focused on connecting teams with the tools and resources needed to develop mature solutions that can be implemented by their partners. After each event in the Challenge, selected teams will have the opportunity to bring their solutions to life with the support of MIT’s partners.
About the Latin America vs. COVID-19 Virtual Hackathon
Latin America vs. COVID-19 is their next event under the MIT COVID-19 Challenge series, taking place June 19-21, 2020.
In this 48-hour virtual event, they will help tackle the most critical unmet needs that have arisen now that we are several months into the COVID-19 outbreak. Participants will form teams on Friday, June 19 to hone in on key problems and generate solutions, including proof of concepts, prototypes, and preliminary vision for execution.
Throughout the weekend, teams will connect with mentors to refine their solutions. On Sunday, June 21, teams will reconvene to present their work before a panel of expert judges. After the weekend, the best ideas and teams will have the opportunity to co-develop and implement their solution with the support of MIT’s partners.
Winning teams will receive
- Organizational support
- Computing resources
- Direct access to key partners to further develop, validate and implement solutions developed.
- Open to diverse group of participants.
- Participants ages 13+ of all experience levels, professional and academic backgrounds, and skill sets are welcome; what matters most is your commitment to making an impact and your willingness to collaborate.
- Participants of all academic and professional backgrounds are welcome! Technical or medical experience is always helpful, but it is not required.
- Participants do not need to be affiliated with MIT, just need to be eager to participate. As above, technical or medical experience is always helpful, but it is not required.
For more information, visit MIT COVID-19 Challenge.