Deadline: October 15, 2021
Applications for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship 2022 at International Trade Centre are open. The Fellowship offers a mentorship experience with the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director of ITC to prepare young Africans for leadership of major organizations and multilateral institutions.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Adviser to the Executive Director the successful Fellow will:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategic assignments related to trade development including private sector issues and specific challenges of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Carry out applicable research as required;
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategies for effective Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and generation of resources;
- Participate in high-level discussions and preparation of applicable briefing notes and working documentation as required;
- Undertake other duties as assigned and required.
- Applicants must hold African nationality.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age).
- Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or related area.
- Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish is an asset.
Preferred Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multicultural backgrounds.
The deadline for application is October 15, 2021 (midnight Geneva time). Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Mo Ibrahim Foundation.