Due Date: May 19, 2019
The International Advancement Department, University of Birmingham, is delighted to use one scholarship for the MSc in International Advancement (Governance and State-building), for the scholastic year beginning in September 2019.
The scholarship is offered by the Mo Ibrahim Structure and is for a two-year program, with the effective prospect carrying out the complete MSc program, with a one year internship being important to the program. The internship will include 6 months with IDD and 6 months with the Mo Ibrahim Structure in London.
The Governance and Statebuilding program is among the specialised streams within worldwide advancement, and takes an interdisciplinary perspective, integrating the theoretical rigour of political economy and the useful experience of advancement. The excellent governance program happens now significantly together with argument on state-building, which incorporates problems such as responsibility and openness, corruption, dispute, political settlement, human rights, involvement, access to justice and democratisation. Governance and state-building are of specific interest to federal governments, nongovernmental organisations and advancement companies, in addition to to a growing and lively scholastic neighborhood.
The path for the Structure scholarship makes up the following modules:
- International Advancement (20 credits)
- Governance and State Structure (20 credits)
- Among the following 4 modules (20 credits)
- Advancement Policy and Politics
- Advancement in Practice
- Dispute and Advancement
- Post Dispute Restoration and Advancement
- Option of optional modules (60 credits)– select from over 25 IDD modules plus others from throughout the University. Argumentation (60 credits)– in depth concentrate on a subject of specific interest, with assistance from a manager. This might include abroad fieldwork in a nation picked by the prospect.
The scholarship consists of:
- Complete tuition cost
- Air fare to and from the UK and visa
- Regular monthly stipend of ₤950 for 18 months
- Arrival allowance of ₤950
The staying 6 months for the internship will be moneyed straight to the effective prospect by the Mo Ibrahim Structure.
- Candidates should have a very first class Honours degree or equivalent from an authorized university;-LRB- ****************).
- Excellent composed and spoken English. For those whose mother tongue is not English, proof of this capability is needed. Candidates ought to reach a minimum of level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580/93 for TOEFL. Please inspect the University site for additional information on English language requirements;-LRB- ****************).
- Candidates should be African nationals domiciled (or irreversible locals) in an African nation. Choice will be offered to scholarship prospects residing in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Applications should be gotten through the University online application system, by 19 May2019 In addition to the typical files to be sent, candidates ought to likewise publish a 500 word declaration and CV. This declaration ought to set out why the candidate is the very best prospect for the scholarship.
Candidates should then send out an e-mail to Mrs Debra Beard ([email protected]) notifying her of their dream to be thought about for the Mo Ibrahim Scholarship and their ID number. Please consist of ‘Mo Ibrahim Scholarship’ in the subject line of the e-mail.
For more details, go to Mo Ibrahim Structure Scholarship