Deadline: April 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award 2021. The Award supports research and development of new and innovative technologies that produce, distribute, store, monitor, desalinate and purify water using renewable energy to support the global position of the UAE in developing solutions for challenges that are faced by poverty- and disaster-stricken communities worldwide.
The biennial Award encourages leading corporations, research centres, institutions, the youth and innovators from across the world to compete in finding sustainable and innovative solutions to the problem of water scarcity. Until today and in two cycles, they awarded bright minds from around the world for their pioneering in water desalination and purification systems to overcome the world’s water crisis.
The Award is comprised of 4 main categories that target pioneering organisations, research centres, individuals, educational institutions, and innovators from all around the world to motivate participants to come up with innovative, renewable energy powered solutions with the aim to either produce, distribute, store, monitor, desalinate and/or purify water:
- Innovative Projects Award
- innovative Individual Award
- Innovative Research & Development Award
- Innovative Crisis Solutions Award
- Up to USD $1,000,000 will be awarded to sustainable solutions to water scarcity.
- Open internationally to all students, companies, research institutions, and innovators;
- They must have developed renewable energy powered technologies that can produce clean drinking water in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.
- Applications must be in English.
To apply for the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award, register your interest by creating an account on the online portal. This will allow you to view the status of your application at any time.
For more information, visit Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award.