Due Date: December 13, 2018
Are you a creator, maker, business owner, coder, or have an amazing job that you wish to become a feasible organisation? The Mombassa TechBridge Obstacle 2019 is searching for concepts to launch!
The Mombasa TechBridge Obstacle is a program where picked individuals find out entrepreneurial abilities and how to establish ingenious concepts from knowledgeable specialists. The primary objective is to discover excellent organisation concepts and business owners to begin guaranteeing brand-new business. The Obstacle will be kept in Mombasa, Kenya from January to March 2019.
The picked candidates will take part in 2 workshops. The very first workshop will be held for 4 days in January,2019 Throughout the 6 week duration after, the picked groups will deal with their ingenious item concepts utilizing the tools discovered. In March, at the end of the 2nd workshop, the groups will pitch their concept in front of a jury. This year, the difficulty is to verify your item in the market and consist of the outcomes of this in your last pitch.
This year’s TechBridge Obstacle will concentrate on organisation concepts within the following 4 styles:
- Digitalization of services: How can cellphones and digital tools produce more worth, both ‘organisation to organisation’ and ‘organisation to customer’?
- Ingenious organisation concepts for seaside resources: Can the natural deposits in the Coastal area produce more earnings through a more effective worth chain utilizing tech?
- Brand-new electronic and IT innovation in a Kenyan setting: How can brand-new innovation, such as drones, 3D printing and virtual truth (and others), be utilized in an ingenious method to develop organisation chances?
- Circular Economy: How can services in waste management, recycling and sustainable food supply become part of the flourishing economy?
Concepts in these thematic locations, will get a choice in the choice, nevertheless all organisation concepts will be thought about.
Prizes for the winners have an overall worth of more than KES 1,000,000
- Winner: Prize Money of KES30,000, Seed loan of KES 70,000 and 9 months incubation, global mentoring and access to more financial investment
- 1st Runner’s Up: Prize money of KES 20,000, Seed loan of KES 50,000 and 9 months incubation, global mentoring and access to more financial investment
- second Runner’s Up: Prize money of KES 10,000, Seed loan of KES 30,000 and 9 months incubation, global mentoring and access to more financial investment
- Possibly, 7 other winners granted Seed loan, 9 months incubation program, global mentoring and access to more financial investment
- Open for existing and just recently finished trainees of universities, colleges, organizations, and other young business owners with start-ups within Mombasa, Kilifi, Lamu, Taita-Taveta, Tana River and Kwale;-LRB- **************).
- Your concept should be brand-new, not having actually gotten any seed-funding or won competitors anywhere else, and must be a service or product utilizing innovation;-LRB- **************).
- Involvement is complimentary of charge.
To learn more, go to TechBridge Obstacle