Deadline: May 26, 2021
Are you are a young leader fostering digital skills in rural communities across Latin America? Apply for the Movistar/OYW Digital Inclusion Scholarship and attend One Young World Summit 2021. Telefónica Hispanoamérica and One Young World have join forces to promote initiatives that contribute to the strengthening of digital capabilities in all parts of Latin America.
At Telefónica Hispanoamérica they aim to promote universal access to the advantages offered by digital services, which is why they approach digital inclusion from a cross-cutting vision that includes the pillars of Accessibility and Affordability, as well as Digital Skills, Connectivity and Innovation in Digital Content and Services.
For this reason, in their Company and through the Digital Pact, they advocate that technology and digitalisation are their best allies to rebuild the best for the societies and economies. They promote a fair and sustainable digital transition, which is only possible with the efforts of society.
The scholarship provides:
- Full access to the One Young World 2021 Virtual Summit.
- Dedicated support & service from the One Young World Delegate Services team.
- A mentorship scheme between Movistar Scholars and Delegates.
- Aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2021 which will take place from 22-25 July 2021 online.
- Eligible Nationalities: Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, and Venezuela.
- Lead an initiative focused on bridging the digital divide in Latin America.
- Lead an initiative with a special focus on innovation.
- Evidenced impact of the initiative.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Commitment and potential benefit to the communities or territories where he/she belongs.
- Willingness to be fully engaged with Movistar Delegates.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.
The deadline for application is May 26, 2021 at 9am GMT. Send in your application before the deadline.
For more information, visit OYW Summit.