Due Date: April 30, 2019
Applications are open for the Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Plan 2019 For Refugees and Displaced Persons in Africa The scholarship intends to motivate the involvement of young African Refugees and Internally Displaced Individuals at Masters programs in the fields of Natural Sciences, Farming, Health, Education, Engineering, and Social Sciences.
The 2019 Scholarship deal is intended to offer a crucial chance for boosting the understanding, expert abilities and capability of refugees and displaced individuals; and therefore simplify their combination to contribute for sustainable advancement in Africa.
The scholarship award covers the following:
- Tuition Costs: According to a main billing from the Host University.
- Stipend: $500 USD monthly, to support living costs such as real estate, food, energies, regional transport and medication.
- Book Allowance: An allowance of $500 USD annually for the purchase of books.
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare (as appropriate).
- Travel Allowance:.
- One-off payment of $250 USD to contribute towards ground transport and settling-in expenses
- One-off payment of $350 USD to help with shipping and other terminal costs; upon departure from the host Organization after effective conclusion of the research study.
- Computer System Allowance: One-off payment of $1,000 USD for the purchase of notebook computer and devices
To be qualified for the Scholarship, a prospect should:
- Be a Resident of an African Union Member State
- Be an officially signed up refugee/displaced individual with a UNHCR registration number or have the ability to show verified refugee status in an African Union Member State
- Be under the age of thirty 5 (35) years
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field, a minimum of at the level of Upper Second Class Honours. The degree should be from an identified University
- Have actually shown exceptional scholastic accomplishment as evidenced by scholastic records, and scholastic awards if any
- Have evidence of admission to carry out a full-time Masters program in an identified university in an African Union Member State
- Want to dedicate to operate in an African Union Member State on conclusion of research studies for a minimum of 3 (3) years
- The following disciplines are qualified: Natural Sciences, Farming, Health, Education, Engineering, and Social Sciences
The application files need to consist of the following:
- Finished application
- An evidence of refugee/displaced individual status, suggesting citizenship
- Current passport-size picture
- CV suggesting candidate’s scholastic background and work experience
- Qualified copies of scholastic certificates and records
- Copy of admission letter from an identified African University
- 2 (2) Referral Letters with contact addresses and phone number.
- A Letter of Inspiration of not more than 500 words (optimum 2 pages) that describes why the prospect has actually selected the specific discipline and its significance to Africa’s advancement
Interested prospects can use online or by post. Candidates using online must produce electronic copies of the above files and send as accessories. Candidates who send their applications by post need to make 2 (2) sets of paper copies of all the above files. The Application should be sent out to the address listed below:
Department of Human Being Resources, Science and Innovation
African Union Commission
P.O. Box 3243
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
For more details, see Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship