Application Due Date: April 5th 2019
NIW.Startups is a platform for finding and showcasing the brand-new most appealing start-ups in the area. It likewise looks for to draw in the best financiers to start financing discussions with the start-ups. NIW.Startups belongs to the yearly Nairobi Development Week arranged by stakeholders in the local development environment. In 2019, Nairobi Development Week will be hung on 10 th– 14 th June. Throughout that week 30 pitches will be staged and the 6 most appealing of 2019 start-ups will be feted.
A start-up gets approved for the NIW.Startups obstacle if they fulfill ALL the requirements products listed below
- Have at least one creator who is a person of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, South Sudan, or Burundi.
- Have its main client sectors in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda Ethiopia, South Sudan or Burundi.
- Have at least 2 employee connected to their online start-up profile.
Qualified start-ups are.
anticipated to be at numerous development levels. For functions of identifying the.
6 most appealing start-ups, 3 each will be chosen from the 2 development.
phase classifications characterised in Development Phase and Release Phase.
For functions of being amongst the 30 pitches, organizers of the sectoral/ thematic tracks will selected the 6 start-ups ranked greatest by judges that show significance to the sector from the info in their online profile.
The choose thematic locations of the 2019 NIW.Startups are:
- Farming and Food Security
- Health and Life Sciences
- Production and Processing
- Ingenious Real Estate
- Cleantech and Renewable Resource
- Education and Employability
- Governance and Civic Tech
- Transportation and Logistics
- eCommerce and Service Providers
- Video Gaming and Home Entertainment
- Hardware Developments.
For Additional Information: