Software Deadline: July 15th 2019
Up to now few years, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) have been working increasingly more in the direction of shifting conventional methods of working and testing progressive practices in alignment to the brand new dynamics of the 21st Century round citizen motion. At CIVICUS youth, we’re testing a brand new co-creation and collaboration mannequin between NGOs and particular person activists from the World South, who should not all the time affiliated to conventional civil society buildings.
Within the spirit of supporting and persevering with to strengthen smaller and extra spontaneous formations of civil society, we’re calling for a collective 5 (5) to 9 (9) regionally balanced, various, artistic and devoted activists aged between 18 and 35 years previous to co-design a brand new programme with CIVICUS that can higher useful resource younger changemakers from the World South. This group will work in a multicultural, worldwide and multi-sectoral group of younger activists to co-design a brand new programme for a interval of eight months beginning in August 2019.
The co-design group will likely be a bunch of
younger, optimistic and progressive change makers from the World South
difficult conventional buildings, envisioning new methods of working and
designing programmes for civil society in a extra collaborative and
experimental method. The co-design, co-creation, collaborative (CoCo)
group is dedicated to testing new methods of relating and questioning energy
dynamics inside civil society to allow younger individuals to flourish with
This co-design group will likely be a multicultural and multidisciplinary worldwide group working remotely with CIVICUS Secretariat. Via open platforms and digital convention calls, the co-design group will ship a protocol for a pilot programme to help the work of ten younger fellows/activists coming from totally different communities and networks throughout the globe.
Roles and tasks of the co-design group
- Co-create a governance mannequin for the design group, in addition to a piece plan for the eight months forward, that features a decision-making course of, group accountability system, roles, timeline, inside communications plan and variety and inclusion framework.
- Co-draft a analysis plan and interview pointers that can seize classes discovered from younger activists who’ve labored with organisations which have delivered related initiatives to help social actions like those within the proposed prototypes: residency programme/ alliance constructing mannequin.
- Revise the prototype proposal of the programme based mostly on the suggestions captured within the interviews and desk analysis. Current an idea be aware that features a abstract of the findings.
- Develop a piece plan for the pilot mission together with an up to date plan for the testing part, a plan for the launch and an analysis framework.
- Advise the identification and consolidation of strategic partnerships with different youth organisations to launch the pilot programme.
- Ship an exterior communication plan to launch the pilot programme. Present recommendation on the language and format of the decision for functions, utility kind, choice standards and FAQs. Help the preparation and supply of a “how you can apply” webinar in October 2019.
- Mobilize networks to extend the visibility of the pilot mission for extra younger activists to use.
- Choose the primary cohort of 10 fellows/activists in November 2019.
- Design an orientation week agenda.
Eligibility standards for the group:
- Illustration of at the very least 4 totally different areas of the World South.
- Teams of at the very least 5 and as much as 9 members
- Age of group (desire for 18 – 30-year-old group members; candidates over 35-year-old should not eligible).
- Balanced gender range
- Eligibility of all group members (see under)
Eligibility standards for group members:
So as to be eligible to be a part of the co-design every group member of the group should show:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a artistic mindset and robust essential pondering expertise
- Expertise in main coaching or studying programmes for younger individuals (fellowships, workshops, conferences)
- Ardour for social actions, human rights and social justice campaigns, and grassroots activism
- Fluency in English, good command of different languages is an asset.
- A strong understanding of at the very least two of the next competencies:
- Undertaking administration
- Analysis, facilitation and writing
- Information evaluation
- On-line campaigning
- Studying/ coaching programmes design
- Occasion administration
- Variety & Inclusion
- Monitoring & Analysis
- Grassroots activism
- Social entrepreneurship
- Artistic Graphic Design
- Eligible teams will likely be assessed towards these standards:
- Full protection of all of the required expertise for the co-design group
- Confirmed profitable expertise in working collectively
- Understanding of the task and plan to work as a collective
- Availability to working remotely with a world group (robust web connectivity)
- Availability for as much as 30 days in the course of the course of eight months,
attend bi-weekly on-line calls, journey to conferences and work
Tips on how to Apply
All functions have to be submitted by means of our on-line utility kind. The shape will be accessed right here. Please submit just one utility per group.
In your reference, we have now offered an utility template. This doc will be discovered right here.
The deadline to submit this utility is 15th July 2019 at 12:00 PM SAST.
For Extra Info