Due Date: October 7, 2019
Elections are open for the NAS Award for the Industrial Application of Science 2020 The 2020 NAS Award for the Industrial Application of Science will be granted for initial clinical operate in sustainability with substantial, advantageous applications in market.
The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) is a personal, non-profit society of recognized scholars. Developed by an Act of Congress, signed by President Abraham Lincoln in 1863, the NAS is charged with offering independent, unbiased recommendations to the country on matters associated with science and innovation.
- The recipient is granted a $25,000 reward.
- Self-nominations are declined.
- Joint elections are prevented and will just be thought about when candidates have actually teamed up carefully– typically in the exact same lab– on the work to be acknowledged by the award.
- NAS subscription is not needed to choose or to be chosen.
- Worldwide candidates are qualified for election unless clearly mentioned otherwise.
All elections should be sent online Unless otherwise mentioned, the following products should be sent.
- A letter from the nominator explaining the prospect’s work and why she or he need to be picked for the award. No greater than 3 (3) pages.
- Curriculum vitae. No greater than 2 (2) pages (comparable to CVs consisted of with NSF propositions).
- Bibliography listing no greater than twelve (12) of the candidate’s most substantial publications.
- Recommended citation. A 50- word summary mentioning why the candidate must be thought about for this award. Citation examples
- 2 letters of assistance. Assistance letters should be composed by people from organizations outside both the nominator’s and the candidate’s organization.
To learn more, check out NAS Award