Deadline: January 7, 2021
Applications are open for the National Institute of Genetics (NIG) Research Internship Program 2021. The National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences.
Intern students will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG. The program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program.
Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Japanese language classes are also available. The internship period is from June 17 – July 28 , 2021.
- NIG will cover costs of airfare, local transportation fares between airport in Japan and NIG, lodging in the institute’s guesthouse, and travel insurance during the program.
- Allowance for meals (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change) will also be provided.
- Applications are welcome from any country/nationality.
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in their PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
Students interested in applying for this program must read, understand and agree to the conditions and requirements of the program. The online application system closes at noon on January 7, 2021 (Japan standard time, JST).
For more information, visit NIG Internship.