Application Deadline:22 October 2021.
In recent years, UNICEF has run an annual youth media competition, asking children and young people to create stories about children’s rights in Kenya. This year – UNICEF’s 75th – we are partnering with the Nation Media Group on the Wisdom Project.
UNICEF is inviting children and young people to interview older persons in their family or community about children’s issues over the past 75 years. We want to hear from people from diverse backgrounds about their experiences.
- Entries can be in the form of written essays, photo and caption, video or artwork. Each entry should bring out highlights from the conversation and the older person’s experience.
- There will be two categories, for children aged 10-15 and children and youth aged 16-24.
To enter the challenge, you must be living in Kenya and be aged 10 to 24 on 10 September 2021.
- Winners and runners up will receive a UNICEF school bag (10-15) or Generation Unlimited t-shirt (16-24) as well as a certificate.
- Their work will be published in the NMG’s JuniorSpot magazine and on UNICEF’s website.
- They will also have the opportunity to take part in Nation media coverage of World Children’s Day on 20 November.
Selection and Prizes
A panel of UNICEF and Nation judges will review all entries and select the finalists and winners in each age group. There will be one winner and up to five finalists in each age group, who will receive a school bag or t-shirt and certificate. The winners will be announced on 19 November 2021.
The best entries will be published in the Nation’s JuniorSpot and on UNICEF’s website and social media. They will also have the opportunity to take part in Nation media coverage of World Children’s Day on 20 November 2021.
JuniorSpot is an engaging, informative and entertaining weekly pullout, that runs in the Daily Nation every Monday, targeting children between 9-14 years of age. The pullout aims to complement classroom learning with applicable content from the new syllabus, general knowledge and current affairs in a fun and holistic manner.
For More Information: