Deadline: November 20, 2020
Applications are open for the NetMission Academy 2021 – Internet Governance Academy for Youth. The NetMission Academy offers motivated individuals the chance to further their understanding of Internet Governance issues.
The NetMission Academy is a series of online sessions designed to equip youth with the knowledge and discussion skills to participate in Internet policy making. The sessions will include one orientation webinar, followed by 7 training workshops. These 1.5-hour workshops will be interactive discussion sessions, with expert guest speakers selected for each topic. This online academy is not a one-sided learning program.
Selected fellows will be assigned into thematic groups to research and prepare for the respective session as a host. All fellows are expected to actively contribute to discussions. If you are a student in tertiary education (undergraduate or postgraduate) and are interested in how the Internet impacts society, this is the program for you.
- Graduates of the academy can become NetMission Ambassadors.
- Opportunity to join the working group(s) and/or organising committee(s) of regional conference activities for youth, including APIGA, APrIGF, ICANN, and IGF, to host youth activities at some of these events which involves moderating a policy discussion dialogue.
- Opportunity to build an initiative for the development of the Internet and advance the governance discussions in Asia.
- Opportunity to submit the workshop proposal to the Global Internet Governance Forum held by the United Nations.
- Open to young visionaries who want to make a change for the betterment of the Internet and their community.
- Full-time students from Asia or currently enrolled in any tertiary institutions within the Asia Pacific of all disciplines are welcome.
Only completed applications will be considered. You will receive an automatic confirmation email upon successful submission. Apply by 20 November 2020, 23:59 UTC.
For more information, visit NetMission Academy.