The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) showcases exciting and inventive stories that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media. This international prize is now in its 9th year. The prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling.
The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field. For the 2018 competition there will be four prizes: The if:book UK New Media Writing Award, the Unicorn Student Award, the Dot Award, and the Cision Journalism Award.
The objective of this Competition is to reward the best new media work based
on the following criteria:
- innovative use of new media to create an engaging, satisfying narrative or poem;
- ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer;
- effective use of interactive elements;
- an example of how new media can do things that traditional media cannot do;
- the potential to reach out to a wide audience, i.e. not just specialist interest groups.
NB– there may be specific criteria for the specialist awards (eg the Gorkana Journalism awards),in which case these will be published on the relevant website pages