Due Date: February 28, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the New York City University (NYU) Africa Home Thoyer Fellowship 2019/2020 This fellowship is granted to 2 (2) exceptional college student to support Africa-focused research study and research study in the fields of economics, political economy, and associated disciplines.
The Africa Home Thoyer Fellowship is rooted in the concept that advancement is most likely to happen where there is continual, sound management of the economy, which such management is most likely where there is an active, knowledgeable group of advancement professionals performing policy-relevant research study.
- Fellows get $2,500
- Fellowships might be utilized to cover travel expenses, living costs, tuition, books, research study costs, and other appropriate costs while studying or pursuing research study at New york city University.
- Candidates should be registered in a graduate program at New york city University, finishing no earlier than May 2020.
- Open to trainees in the fields of economics, political economy, or associated disciplines;-LRB- ***************).
- Fellows will be needed to:.
- Discuss how you prepare to take part in the intellectual life of Africa House/CTED in the Africa Home Fellowship Application.
- Author or co-author one (1) term paper offering findings of your research study job, to be sent to Africa Home in Spring 2020.
- Present research study findings in-person at Africa Home in Spring 2020.
Candidates need to send the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- One (1) recommendation letter
- 2-4 page Africa-focused research study proposition. The proposition might be a summary of your research study or a research study that is currently underway that will be even more boosted by the fellowship.
- Africa Home Fellowship Application
Note: All your applications should be sent in this order in one PDF minus the recommendation letters
- A cover page
- 2-4-page research study proposition.
- 2 pages, double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman, 1-inch margins
- Header Format: Trainee Surname, First Call, Department, N-Number
- The proposition need to be composed for informed readers, however not professionals in your field or members of your department (i.e. at The New york city Times level). It must determine the proposition’s research study concern, thesis/hypothesis, approach, significance, and spending plan and so on
- Curriculum vitae (c.v.).
- Header format: Trainee Surname, First Call, Department, N-Number
- 2 (2) recommendation letters.
- Professors need to send their signed letters of recommendation straight to [email protected], with attention to Kingsley Essegbey.
- Needs to evaluate the basic quality of the candidate’s scholastic work, the anticipated contribution of the research study proposition to academic community, and the potential customers for releasing the complete work either in entire or in part.
- One letter should be from the candidate’s professors consultant.
- Calling your application pdf.
- Call your application pdf in this order: Trainee surname, given name, N-Number, Call of fellowship, and include 2019-2020
Send out applications and queries to [email protected] Please consist of “Africa Home Thoyer Fellowship” in the subject line.
To find out more, check out NYU Africa Home Fellowship