Due Date: December 1, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
Applications are open for the 2019-2020 Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship in Journalism Development. The Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship in Journalism Development brings people to Harvard University to deal with a particular course of research study or a particular task connecting to journalism development. A Nieman Fellowship is an amazing, transformative knowing chance open up to reporters operating in all media in every nation around the globe.
The fellowship is a cooperation in between the Nieman Structure for Journalism and the Berkman Klein Center for Web & Society at Harvard. Both companies share a set of typical interests around journalism, development, and the development of the digital area, and both have longstanding fellowship programs that provide a year of knowing and partnership with others in the Harvard neighborhood.
Propositions from Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship prospects might handle any concern connecting to journalism’s digital improvement. Examples consist of concepts for brand-new profits streams to money journalism, the building and construction of brand-new tools for reporting, or research study into news usage patterns. Prospects need to describe how their propositions will benefit journalism.
About Nieman Fellowships
Each year, the Nieman Structure awards paid fellowships to as much as 24 reporters operating in print, broadcast, digital and audiovisual media. Those picked for the program invest 2 complete terms at Harvard auditing classes with a few of the university’s biggest thinkers, taking part in Nieman occasions and teaming up with peers. Nieman Fellows are likewise able to examine classes at other regional universities consisting of MIT and Tufts.
Throughout their time at Harvard, Nieman Fellows participate in workshops, store talks, master classes and journalism conferences developed to reinforce their expert abilities and management abilities, thus assisting to strengthen the news market itself. With the understanding they acquire on school and the relationships they construct, fellows frequently go back to work as journalism business owners, market innovators and leading supervisors in their newsrooms.
- Nieman Fellows get a stipend of $65,000 paid over a nine-month duration to cover living expenses.
- The Nieman Structure likewise offers real estate, child care, and medical insurance allowances based upon the number and ages of relative.
- Nieman furthermore covers the expense of participating in Harvard classes for fellows and their affiliates. Affiliates are the partners and partners of fellows. They delight in a lot of the exact same advantages as fellows and might participate in classes, utilize Harvard libraries and other centers, and are welcome to take part in practically all Nieman activities.
Due to the fact that funds from the initial Nieman bequest are limited to U.S. people, International Nieman Fellows are motivated to deal with Nieman personnel to discover financial backing from sources outside the Nieman Structure. Nevertheless, acquiring outdoors financing is not a condition of being picked for a fellowship.
- The Fellowship is open to both U.S. and global candidates.
- There are no age limitations or scholastic requirements, and a college degree is not needed.
- Prospects ought to either be working reporters or work for a wire service in an organisation, innovation, or management capability.
- Freelance reporters are welcome to use.
- All potential fellows need to speak, check out and compose English with complete confidence.
- Throughout the 2 years prior to using, a candidate must not have actually taken part in a fellowship long lasting 4 months or longer.
- Journalism-related work finished as a college student does not count as expert experience.
- Specialists who operate in public relations or in a position whose main focus is not the media are not qualified to use.
- Propositions from prospects might handle any concern connecting to journalism’s digital improvement. Examples consist of concepts for brand-new profits streams to money journalism, the building and construction of brand-new tools for reporting, or research study into news usage patterns.
- Prospects need to describe how their propositions will benefit journalism.
Application due dates:
- Worldwide reporters: Dec. 1, 2018
- U.S. reporters (U.S. people): Jan. 31, 2019
Prospects who wish to look for the 2019-2020 Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowships ought to finish either the global fellowship application or the U.S. fellowship application and suggest interest in being thought about for the Nieman-Berkman Klein program in the suitable area.
To learn more, see Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship