Deadline: September 12, 2018
Nominations are open for the UNESCO-supported GAPMIL International Media and Data Literacy Awards 2018. The GAPMIL Awards will acknowledge data/library, media and know-how specialists, educators, artists, activists, researchers, coverage makers, NGOs, associations and different teams integrating MIL (media and knowledge literacy) in an revolutionary means of their work and associated actions.
Particularly, the awards will acknowledge excellence and management in 5 sectors:
- Media and communication/data sectors.
For 2018, the GAPMIL International MIL Awards are led by GAPMIL and the Media and Data Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue College Community (MILID) with the help of UNESCO, UNAOC, Vytautas Magnus College, and College of Latvia.
Nominees are anticipated to be champions and promoters of Media and Data Literacy (MIL) in reference to a number of of the next areas:
- Cultural, ethnic and gender equality;
- Range and pluralism;
- Tolerance, peace and efforts aimed toward countering hate;
- Intercultural/interreligious dialogue and equality;
- Freedom of expression, entry to or proper to data;
- Worldwide cooperation on MIL.
As well as, nominees must be supporters of important, constructive areas for information sharing, analysis and debate. Please notice that this checklist isn’t exhaustive; others areas will probably be thought-about as properly.
The work of the award winners may additionally be associated to a number of of the next fields, that are central tenets of the UN Sustainable Improvement Objectives:
- Well being
- Peace constructing
- Financial improvement
- Environmental sustainability
- Basic rights
- Poverty discount
- Cultural variety
Nominations ought to:
- Describe how the nominee’s work and actions influence particular teams or society at giant.
- Describe how the nominee’s practices do affect or might affect the media and Data Literacy discipline at giant, in a neighborhood or world context.
- Present hyperlinks to photos, video clips or testimonials and every other printed content material (if acceptable) produced by the nominee.
For extra data, go to GAPMIL Award.