Application Due Date: 1 December 2018
The Claude Ake Checking Out Chair is a co-financed cooperation in between the Department of Peace and Dispute Research Study, Uppsala University, and the Nordic Africa Institute. The function of the scholarship program is to honor the memory of Teacher Claude Ake, popular African scholar, thinker and humanist, and to welcome applications from worldwide acknowledged senior scholars with professorial proficiency in their particular fields of know-how.
The Claude Ake Going to Chair was established in 2003 at the Department of Peace and Dispute Research Study, Uppsala University (DPCR), in cooperation with the Nordic Africa Institute (NAI) and with financing from the Swedish Federal Government and Uppsala University. The Chair honours the memory of Teacher Claude Ake, a recognized scholar, thinker, instructor and humanist, who passed away unfortunately in1996 The Chair is meant for scholars who, like Claude Ake, integrate an extensive dedication to scholarship with a strong advocacy for social justice.
The Chair is open to social researchers operating at African universities with issues connected to war, peace, dispute resolution, human rights, democracy and advancement on the African continent.The checking out chair holder is used a favorable environment to pursue his/her own research study, while there is likewise chance for lecturing, holding workshops and adding to continuous research study activities at the Department of Peace and Dispute Research Study and the Nordic Africa Institute.
Application and Consultation
The Department of Peace and Dispute Research Study and the Nordic Africa Institute presently welcome applications to the Claude Ake Checking Out Chair for2019 Candidates must be worldwide acknowledged senior scholars with professorial proficiency in their particular fields of know-how. Typically, this equates to Teacher, Partner Teacher, or their equivalence. The Chair holder is anticipated to invest 3 (3) months in Uppsala in the time-span mid-August to mid December2019 Applications from female prospects are motivated.
The application need to include:
- A total and upgraded curriculum vitae (CV), consisting of pertinent info concerning scholastic title, existing and previous positions, research study and mentor activities, and a list of publications. It must likewise consist of all pertinent contact info.
- A brief abstract of the research study task to be performed as checking out chair holder.
- A research study proposition describing the highlights of the research study task to be performed throughout the go to consisting of the anticipated outcomes. The favored period for the go to throughout 2019 must likewise be specified. Please note that arrival in Uppsala must be prevented throughout the scholastic recess duration of mid-June to mid- August. The length of the proposition must be a minimum of 3 and an optimum of 5 pages.
- 2 of the candidate’s publications. These must typically be the 2 crucial posts connected to the research study task to be pursued throughout the go to.
- A signed letter of election from a senior scholar in the exact same field. Elections might originate from specific scholars/colleagues, consisting of previous Claude Ake Going to Chairs, and need to consist of an inspiration for the election.
- A signed letter from the candidate’s Head of Department or Dean (or comparable) which validates that the application is supported by the organization with which the candidate is connected.
- The recipient is entitled to a tax-free stipend/scholarship of 25 000 SEK/month.
- If the recipient is missing from Uppsala for factors not related to the program, reductions will be made to the stipend/scholarship.
- In addition, travel expenses and lodging for the holder of the position, and, if pertinent, his/her accompanying spouse/significant other, are covered by the grant.
- The Chair holder is offered workplace at the DPCR and NAI, and standard workplace devices.
Due date for applications: 1 December 2018
Please keep in mind that insufficient applications or applications gotten after this date will not be thought about. Applications must be sent out either through routine mail or email. Likewise note that the Claude Ake Going to Chair depends on external financing. In the remarkable occasion that the program does not get complete financing– and the granted position is withdrawn or the size of the scholarship lowered– the recipient or candidates will be notified instantly.
Addresses for the submission of applications: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nordic Africa Institute Att: The Claude Ake Checking Out Chair Box 1703 751 47 Uppsala SWEDEN
To Learn More: