Due Date: December 1, 2018
Get the Nordic Africa Institute Claude Ake Going To Chair 2019 The function of the scholarship program is to honor the memory of Teacher Claude Ake, popular African scholar, theorist and humanist, and to welcome applications from worldwide acknowledged senior scholars with professorial proficiency in their particular fields of proficiency.
The going to chair holder is used a favorable environment to pursue his/her own research study, while there is likewise chance for lecturing, holding workshops and adding to continuous research study activities at the Department of Peace and Dispute Research Study and the Nordic Africa Institute. The Claude Ake Going To Chair is a co-financed partnership in between the Department of Peace and Dispute Research Study, Uppsala University, and the Nordic Africa Institute.
- The recipient is entitled to a tax-free stipend/scholarship of 25,000 SEK/month. If the recipient is missing from Uppsala for factors not related to the program, reductions will be made to the stipend/scholarship;-LRB- **************).
- In addition, travel expenses and lodging for the holder of the position, and, if pertinent, his/her accompanying spouse/significant other, are covered by the grant;-LRB- **************).
- The Chair holder is offered workplace at the DPCR and NAI, and standard workplace devices.
- Open to social researchers operating at African universities with issues associated with war, peace, dispute resolution, human rights, democracy and advancement on the African continent.
The application need to include:
- A total and upgraded curriculum vitae (CV), consisting of pertinent details concerning scholastic title, present and previous positions, research study and mentor activities, and a list of publications. It ought to likewise consist of all pertinent contact details
- A brief abstract of the research study task to be performed as going to chair holder
- A research study proposition laying out the highlights of the research study task to be performed throughout the go to consisting of the anticipated outcomes. The favored period for the go to throughout 2019 ought to likewise be mentioned. Please note that arrival in Uppsala ought to be prevented throughout the scholastic recess duration of mid-June to mid- August. The length of the proposition ought to be a minimum of 3 and an optimum of 5 pages
- 2 of the candidate’s publications. These ought to typically be the 2 essential short articles associated with the research study task to be pursued throughout the go to
- A signed letter of election from a senior scholar in the exact same field. Elections might originate from private scholars/colleagues, consisting of previous Claude Ake Going to Chairs, and need to consist of an inspiration for the election
- A signed letter from the candidate’s Head of Department or Dean (or comparable) which validates that the application is supported by the organization with which the candidate is connected.
For additional information, go to Claude Ake Going To Chair