Deadline: July 30, 2020
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe is launching a call for experts in the framework of the project “Promoting diversity and equality” within the Women Empowerment programme for 2020-2021. The Call seeks to establish a core group of young experts who will address intersectional discrimination faced by women and girls in Europe, Middle east and Africa.
Through a dynamic of cooperation and exchange of ideas and innovative solutions, the core group will contribute to develop an awareness raising strategy and actions targeting attitudes, norms, and behaviours that help sustain a stereotyped vision of women.
- All the expenses related to the meetings (travel, board, lodging and insurance) will be covered by the North-South Centre.
- The North-South Centre will provide fees for core group members contribution to the second and third activities, for a total of 1,000 Euros per person, pending the signature of Council of Europe act of engagement and subject to the fulfilment of the conditions set by Council of Europe rules and procedures.
- Applicants should be under 35 years old;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Good communication, drafting and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated engagement on human rights, equality and social justice;
- Knowledge of gender equality, gender mainstreaming, international relations, international solidarity, sociology, communication, arts and culture or any related field;
- Team work and creative skills;
- Regional and/or country knowledge of the EMEA region;
- Have progressive working experience or expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Gender equality, gender mainstreaming, anti-discrimination, migration and/or intersectionality
- Intercultural dialogue / communication or international relations
- Advocacy and campaigning
- Able to participate in their full duration at all the meetings as scheduled in the present call.
- To maintain geographical balance, preference will be given to candidates with complementary backgrounds and experiences to ensure group diversity.
All applicants must send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter highlighting the areas of expertise as in section 8 of the present call;
- Sample (or hyperlink) of previous work related to the key-areas of expertise as mentioned in this call;
- Contacts for references.