Due Date: August 18, 2019
Require individuals: Enhancing Youth Capabilities for Peace and Security. This is a chance for young leaders active in the field of Youth Peace and Security.
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe is promoting a capacity-building course on democratic involvement for youth organisations dealing with human rights and peacebuilding in the Euro-Mediterranean area. The course will happen in the structure of the 20 th University for Peace and Advancement (UYD).
The training course “Enhancing youth capabilities for peace and security” will develop the capabilities of knowledgeable youth peacebuilders and young human rights activists in the field of advocacy, political involvement, dispute improvement and Avoidance of Violent Extremism, allowing them likewise to utilize human rights systems and reporting tools to resolve oppression and change disputes.
The training course means to fulfill those suggestions by offering a chance to establish youth-based and human rights-based skills, while offering an area to develop brand-new networks and check out brand-new methods on peace, security and human rights obstacles.
- Arrivals of individuals are anticipated on 15 September and departures on 22 Might September.
- The North-South Centre will provide pre-paid round-trip flight tickets from the nation of home of the picked individuals to Malaga Airport (Spain).
- The North-South Centre will likewise make sure transfers from and to the airport/train station to the training place.
- It is anticipated that participants/supporting organisations presume expenditures associated to regional transportation in the house nation, along with visa expenses.
- The board and accommodations for the complete period of the training course is covered.
- Individuals will be accommodated in shared spaces (double or triple).
- Please thoroughly try to find details concerning the visa requires you may need to go to the activity.
The training course will combine 20 knowledgeable agents, multipliers and young leaders from organisations operating in peacebuilding or human rights in the Euro-med area.
Prospects will be thought about for the choice stage on the basis of the following eligibility requirements to be satisfied by the due date for applications:
- be people of among the 47 Council of Europe member States or of the Southern Mediterranean Countries;-LRB- **************).
- be an active member of an youth-led or youth-related organisation participated in peacebuilding or human rights activities at a regional, local, nationwide or global level;-LRB- **************).
- be aged 18-35 years;-LRB- **************).
- have the ability to with complete confidence interact in English;-LRB- **************).
- have the ability to go to the course for its whole period.
Prospects picked on the basis of the above eligibility requirements will then be assessed according to the following choice requirements, which should be plainly defined in the prospect’s application:
- Experience in advocacy work, youth involvement and democratic procedures;-LRB- **************).
- be active in the field of Euro-Mediterranean youth cooperation;-LRB- **************).
- have the ability to use the gotten skills and to executes follow-up activities within a structured company which has youth as primary target group and peace and security amongst the goals.
Just prospects who satisfied eligibility requirements, and whose application is sent by the closing date of the call will be thought about for the choice.
→ The choice will be performed by the North-South Centre looking for likewise gender and geographical balance.
→ Please, keep in mind that due to the a great deal of applications just the shortlisted prospects will be gotten in touch with.
→ Specific demands and follow-up concerns will not be attended to, unless thought about as support to the application procedure.
In order to use, prospects should fill the online application by the 18 August 2019 (23: 59 UTC– Lisbon time).
The choice outcomes will be revealed by the 22 August 2019
To learn more, see North-South Centre