Deadline: September 12, 2021
Applications are open for the Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2022. Through this scholarship, Novartis wants to extend their culture of curiosity and ‘unbossed’ mentality to create an opportunity for young leaders outside of their company who have a passion for healthcare and are initiating change to create a better and healthier world.
The scholarship supports young social entrepreneurs and their local/global initiatives to help accelerate their leadership journey. This scholarship is for young leaders whose focus is on supporting, advancing, and / or solving issues in the health care space including mental health, like health care professionals, nurses, volunteers of health care organizations, medical students.
At Novartis, they are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. Novartis has a rich history spanning over the course of 250 years, developing innovative products to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. Named one of Forbes’s Most Admired Pharmaceutical Companies of 2020, Novartis is a global healthcare company who aims to deliver their therapies to as many people as possible.
Their team’s purpose is to put patients first. As healthcare and technology continue to evolve, they strive to develop breakthrough treatments and find innovative ways to deliver them to populations and patients in need. They work to expand access to medicine, eliminate disease, and make healthcare sustainable in the developing world.
10 candidates will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan which takes place from 22 – 25 May;
- Hotel accommodation during the summit;
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy);
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days);
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Applicant should be aged 18 – 30;
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- Applicants cannot be employed by Novartis;
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact in the healthcare sector in some capacity.
- One Young World will evaluate applications according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change within healthcare and health based initiatives
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Addressing key local and/or global health care issues in your work
- Having a good understanding of global issues.
- Skills: collaborator, creative, enthusiastic, challenges the status quo.
- A longlist of candidates identified by One Young World will advance to second round of selection.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit One Young World.