Application Due Date: February 3, 2019.
New york city University’s Robert F Wagner Graduate School of Civil Service and Fundacion Mujeres for Africa are delighted to welcome mid-career females from civil society companies in Ghana to use to belong to the 2019 Ghanaian Females’s Social Management Program (GWSLP).
- Be 25– 36 years of ages.
- Be a mid-career female with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in federal government or civil society. Experience in other fields such as academic community, company or journalism is likewise accepted, as long as they belong to public and social concerns, specific to females’s empowerment.
- Suitable candidates are program planners, supervisors or directors in civil society companies or are reporters composing and promoting for females’s concerns.
- Be a citizen of Accra or the area locations at the time of application.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Be presently utilized and should be devoted to operate in the very same company the year they take part in the GWSLP.
- Devote to take part in all GWSLP activities, and effectively style and finish an Action Knowing task at the end of the program.
- Have the assistance of the company and company prior to finishing the application.
- Send a Company Recommendation Letter together with the application. The letter must suggest your company’s recommendation to take part in the program as explained above, in relation to the company vision and objective.
- Prior to sending this application, it is your obligation to call your company to make sure that they have actually finished the recommendation letter which they have actually backed your complete involvement to go to the training. We advise you reveal the program schedule to your company.
The GWSLP program deals:
- 2 week-long extensive management institutes, one in Ghana and one in New york city City assisted in by knowledgeable management advancement academics and professionals;
- Hands-on, interactive workshops, and website check outs that provide chances for reflection, peer knowing, group structure, and networking;-LRB- ******************).
- Chance to develop and execute an Action Knowing Strategy to take on a crucial neighborhood or organizational requirement;-LRB- ******************).
- Professional training through the period of the program and throughout the execution of the Action Knowing Job; and,
- Chance to sign up with a network of vibrant females leaders in Ghanaian civil society who are adding to enhance management and social sector companies in Ghana.
The GWSLP individuals take advantage of the following elements:
- Management Institute in Ghana — At the start of the program, individuals fulfill in Ghana for a weeklong extensive management finding out institute. Trainers from NYU work together with regional professors and management service providers to offer direction on vital subjects in management and management. Sessions and workshops provide individuals chances to gain from prominent leaders in their field while motivating peer-to-peer knowing, reflection, vital thinking, and application of essential principles.
- Action-Learning Tasks — Throughout the year, individuals use what they find out by establishing and carrying out action-learning jobs in their house companies or neighborhoods. Prior to the management institute, individuals are asked to prepare by assembling groups at their house companies and getting task concepts for the company or field. Through the period of the program, individuals continue to operate in little groups on creating their action-learning jobs with the assistance of a coach.
- Small Group Training — Following the extensive institute, individuals deal with coaches in little groups. Coaches– accomplished Ghanaian females leaders– assistance individuals’ management objectives and their efforts to use their knowing in their house companies. In between conferences, coaches coordinate specific follow-up training sessions with each individual. This training offers necessary chances for structured reflection on individuals’ management abilities and objectives.
Management Institute in New York City City — Halfway through the program, individuals go to a weeklong Management Institute at NYU Wagner. The institute incorporates class workshops on management theory and management abilities and website check outs to social modification companies, providing individuals a possibility to comprehend practices of social modification management in context and the chances and difficulties that leaders deal with in their work.
Individualized Evaluation and Feedback — Throughout the program, individuals examine their own development and get structured feedback about their management. Analysis and feedback from program personnel and coaches assist individuals to maximize their time in the program.
Networking Opportunities — GWSLP likewise assists in individuals with the possibility to establish connections with other leaders and GWSLP alumni. Program individuals have varied chances to practice networking abilities and develop a neighborhood of practice.
- Showed management: Ability for management at work and.
neighborhood; her capability to take effort, inspire and deal with.
others; and interest in establishing her management and making a.
distinction in her society.
- Interest and dedication to social modification: Interest in concerns of.
public significance or social modification work, the shown awareness of.
social truths in her nation, and the desire to add to social.
- Self-starter: Engagement in jobs crucial to her, to evaluate her capability to use program lessons in her company.