Due Date: November 30, 2019
Applications are open for the Ockenden International Prizes 2020 for Refugees Projects The Ockenden International Prizes stay concentrated on recognizing options to the difficulties dealt with by displaced individuals, raising awareness of their requirements, and satisfying exceptional tasks.
Prizes will be granted to tasks that promote self-reliance amongst refugees and/or displaced individuals. ‘Self-reliance’ is comprehended broadly to consist of self-sufficiency, self-support, self-sustenance, self-standing and self-reliance and might include tasks for education, legal help, incomes or any other program that assists displaced individuals develop steady, independent lives.
- The ₤100,000 reward will be shared similarly by 4 winners who will each get ₤25,000 to extend their endeavours.
- Open to non-profit organisations, which can likewise choose to choose a job by a non-profit partner or associated organisation.
- There are no geographical limitations on the areas of sent tasks, which preferably can likewise be led by– or have a high level of involvement from– displaced individuals themselves.
- The task need to be the focus of the entry.
- Organisations might send one entry just in each reward year. Not successful organisations are welcome to reapply in future years.
- The task should benefit refugees and/or displaced individuals with a strong focus on promoting self-reliance. The main focus of the task should be assisting refugees and/or displaced individuals in requirement, instead of this being a secondary advantage.
- The organisation should have the ability to reveal that the task has actually worked with quantifiable proof of favorable results.
- The task went into should be up and running in the past 1 April 2019, 6 months prior to the launch date for the 2019 Prizes.
- Organisations should have high requirements of monetary and administrative governance. Organisations should consist of a copy of their most current audited, shortened accounts with their application. Where audited accounts are not offered, entrants need to offer other proof of sound monetary governance.
- Organisations might be asked to offer recommendations or other proof of the task and their monetary and administrative governance throughout the short-listing procedure. This might consist of due diligence on checking account chosen by entrants for the invoice of cash prize.
- Cash prize will just be paid to a savings account kept in the organisation’s name. In no scenarios will cash prize be paid to an individual checking account. Ockenden International will not be accountable for any bank or transfer charges.
- Cash prize should just be utilized to assist refugees and/or displaced individuals in requirement and Ockenden International is needed to make sure that cash prize is utilized by a winning organisation for charitable functions. It is prepared for that, in basic, cash prize will be utilized to continue or broaden the task described in the entry or for a comparable future task run by the organisation.
- Reward winners will be needed to offer info to Ockenden International about the tasks and using cash prize which Ockenden International will share on its site and in other interactions.
- The jury’s choice is last and no correspondence will be participated in.
- By sending an entry, organisations accept be bound by these Guidelines.
The judges will, in specific, search for:
- Tasks that promote self-reliance amongst refugees and/or displaced individuals. These might be tasks that are led by or have a high level of involvement from displaced individuals themselves; tasks supplying education, legal help, income help; and any other programs that assist refugees and/or displaced individuals develop steady, independent lives.
- Tasks that have actually shown to be extremely efficient in enhancing the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.Projects that have actually caused genuine modification in the lives of refugees and/or displaced individuals.
- Efficient efforts, with quantifiable proof of results.
All entries need to be made through the online Entry Type and in English.
For organisations doing not have steady access to the Web, postal entries will be thought about. If needed, download the.pdf variation of the Entry Type Print and finish the type in block letters and mail it, in addition to the asked for documents by the closing date, to: 2019 Ockenden Prizes c/- Context Graphics Limited 1 Savernake Court, Old Church Lane Stanmore Middlesex HA7 2RJ UK.
For additional information, see Ockenden International Prizes