Application Due Date: November 30, 2018
Ockenden International has actually introduced its seventh yearly mission to discover and reward the most reliable self-reliance tasks for refugees and/or internally displaced individuals.
The GBP100,000 reward will be shared similarly by 4 winners who will each get GBP25,000 to extend their endeavours.
The prize money acknowledge and reward ingenious work that promotes self-reliance amongst refugees and/or internally displaced individuals (IDPs) throughout the world– an identifying function of Ockenden International given that its creation in 1951.
Submissions for the ₤25,000 rewards are looked for from non-profit organisations, which can likewise choose to choose a task by a non-profit partner or connected organisation. There are no geographical limitations on the places of sent tasks, which can likewise be led by– or have a high level of involvement from– displaced individuals themselves.
Prizes will be granted to tasks that promote self-reliance amongst refugees and/or displaced individuals. ‘Self-reliance’ is comprehended broadly and might consist of tasks for education, legal help, incomes or other programs that assist displaced individuals develop steady, independent lives.
- The task ought to be the focus of the entry. All entries ought to be made through the online Entry Kind and in English. If you do not have access to the web, download the.pdf variation of the Entry Kind, print, fill and publish it to the address listed below to be gotten by November 30, 2018.
- Organisations might send one entry just in each reward year. Not successful organisations are welcome to reapply in future years.
- The task need to benefit refugees and/or displaced individuals with a strong focus on promoting self-reliance. The main focus of the task need to be assisting refugees and/or displaced individuals in requirement, instead of this being a secondary advantage.
- The organisation need to have the ability to reveal that the task has actually worked with quantifiable proof of task results causing self-reliance for refugees and/or displaced individuals.
- The task sent need to have begun no earlier than 1 September 2015 (i.e. no greater than 36 months prior to the opening date for the existing year’s entries).
- Organisations need to have high requirements of monetary and administrative governance. Organisations need to consist of a copy of their newest audited, shortened accounts with their application. Where audited accounts are not offered, entrants ought to supply other proof of sound monetary governance.
- Organisations might be asked to supply recommendations or other proof of the task and their monetary and administrative governance throughout the short-listing procedure. This might consist of due diligence on checking account chosen by entrants for the invoice of cash prize.
The entries will be evaluated by a panel of specialists who will be trying to find extremely reliable tasks that have actually resulted in genuine modification in individuals’s lives, with quantifiable proof of results, as detailed in the Evaluating Requirements
Due date for entries is midnight (GMT) on November 30, 2018, with the 4 winners to be revealed by March 31, 2019.
To Find Out More: