Due Date: July 7, 2019
Applications are open for the Olive Writers’ Summertime Camp 2019 The Summer season Camp brings young authors from throughout Morocco together to invest 6 days at an extensive composing residency in Casablanca.
Individuals will go to day-to-day imaginative composing workshops (used in Arabic or English), go to lectures by popular authors, find out about literary translation and the publishing market, modify and improve an innovative job of their own, and enter into a vibrant neighborhood of fellow authors. The Summer season Camp will occur from July 29– August 3, 2019 at the ALC Casablanca school.
- This is a fully-funded chance: Tuition, space, and board are supplied totally free of charge to all accepted individuals. The Summer season Camp is supported by a generous grant from the American Langauge Center– Casablanca and with the assistance of the University of Iowa’s International Composing Progam and the U.S. Department of State.
- Open to young Moroccan authors in between the ages of 14-21
The following are application requirements:
- Composing Sample: 4-5 pages of fiction and/or poetry composed in either Arabic or English. Please send your sample in the language of the primary composing workshop for which you are using
- Composing task: 2-5 pages of your composing sample should be composed in reaction to the following composing timely: Have you ever took a look at an image and questioned the story behind it? We have actually prepared a fantastic collection of images for you. Please select an image that activates your creativity and compose a piece of fiction influenced by the selected image. The link to images can be discovered here
- Declaration of Function: 300 words optimum, in English or Arabic. Please explain why imaginative writing is essential in your life. Please likewise talk about the troubles or challenged you have actually dealt with in your writing, in addition to what you wish to discover at the program.
- Recommendation Letter (Optional).
To find out more, check out Olive Writers’ Summertime Camp